Lost Throttle response

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
So Im kinda messing around with a 2010 Camaro on the freeway. He had a Cam and Longtubes. Anyways all the sudden I lost throttle response, no check engine light but the wrench on the right was glowing and seemed to be bogging, so I down shifted to see if it would drive but nothing. So I pull over look under the car, no oil leaking and check under the hood, looked fine. So I get back in and kill the motor. Fire it back up and the car acted as if nothing happened. :shrug:

Has this happened to anyone? What would it might be? I have had a fuel filter issue with my old 99 cobra and this was different. Thanks

Last edited:

Tispho

Established Member
Probably a Misfire. Car went into the safe mode.

Were you playing around at high RPMS? Above 4k for a while? And holding it there?

Or this

Electronic Throttle Control-Wrench Light - Ford Mustang Forums

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-v6-mustang-tech/323629-wrench-light.html#post2847250

When the wrench light flashes and no codes are present, it's normally related to the throttle body/throttle-position sensor. They also fail regularly on these cars and can be easily damaged. If someone who didn't know what they were doing with the install was working on your car they could have easily damaged the TPS or TPS wiring. More info on the TPS can be found here:
Ford Electronic Throttle Control

Last edited:

dynasty_365

Established Member
Damn that sucks especially that it happened hike. Was messing with a camRo lol. But seriously I remember an issue like that some 05-09 gt owners had. It was a problem with the drive by wire system that they had switched to in the gas pedal but I dnt know if it's still like that. If that wrench came on wouldn't that still b a type of code that will show up??

oman svt

Established Member
When this used to happen on my car, check engine keeps flashing and hot air came out of the AC. when it started getting too much I scanned and it was a #8 misfire. now its fixed with zero issues. better get your car checked before it gets worse

BV600

Established Member
If the wrench light came on thats limp mode. Happened to me when I hit the rev limiter (7400) in 4th. Thought the engine was toast. Coasted to a good stopping place and turned it off. Started it back up when I realized what it was and it was fine

Users who are viewing this thread