Ford X midpipe installed

vortecd

Established Member
Just put on the Ford x pipe M-5252-MGTA. The fit was very good. Read some people saying it didn't fit for them, no problems here. Hoping the rain will hold off for Saturday and see if the car picks up anything. Temps are looking like 60ish so don't think it will even show a difference being it was 37 last time at the track when I ran 12.59.

Last edited:

sloppymax

Established Member
I wanted an after cat x as well but was put off by the all the fitment issues that I came across. Ended up with a BBK. Got the sound I was looking for and replaced a small bottleneck in the system. Will be interested to see if there are any measurable gains at the track. I believe the part you reference is a diff cover though.

vortecd

Established Member
Yep, the diff cover is another story. Thanks for the catch. Part number changed

vortecd

Established Member
I didn't. Taking the cats off I'm sure you may but just added a bigger pipe should be fine

burke985

Established Member
I was one that had fitament issues, i wound up sending it back to Ford racing and they credited me. Glad you had success with yours

vortecd

Established Member
I was one that had fitament issues, i wound up sending it back to Ford racing and they credited me. Glad you had success with yours

What part of it didn't fit? I bought a x-pipe for my '01 Bullitt and it was to narrow where it mounts to the headers. We just pulled it apart with some long pry bars. Figured the Ford piece could be to wide or narrow and I figured I would just fix it myself if I ran into a problem

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
OP i dont think youll see a gain at all, its mostly sound

There might not be but hoping to find out tomorrow. I wish I could have the same temps as last week but it will be warmer. So if it does pick up anything, it might not show. Car will be getting a supercharger next year so it will help then.

Car is a little louder. Stock exhaust you couldn't hear the car on the highway. With the Magnaflows you can hear it. The x-pipe makes it a little louder. Has a rumble to it now that sounds pretty good. Thought I was driving a caddy with the stock exhaust, now it sounds like I'm driving a Mustang

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
No new best time but I do believe the x picked up 5-10hp. 2 weeks ago temps were about 50 and my best was a [email protected] with a 1.95 60ft. Also ran a 12.78 and 12.79. Temp was 62 yesterday and my best was a [email protected] 1.99 60ft. Went a 12.73 and 12.74 with 3 runs in the 111's and 1 at 110.83 and 110.97. Track was very sticky. The autos need more stall so if they spin a little they can actually go faster since you are getting into the power range faster. I believe if I had the 37 temps like last week it would have went 112+

We are looking for what makes more power and I tried the best I could to test the x-pipe to inform other if it did make power or not. Not apples to apples but pretty close. Would be a better test to make passes then change the x-pipe at the track and make more. Yesterday was the last day the track will be open this year so no more testing.

X-pipe will be very helpfull making more power with a supercharger. So all in all, I think it was money well spent

Users who are viewing this thread