new 5.0 vs 04 zo6 roll race

begleyracing

Established Member
I have boss intake, jtl intake, bama tune, off road X pipe, bassani exhaust, aluminum drive shaft, 6 speed, 3.73 gear, upper lower control arms, and race star 18x10 rear 17x4 front wheels nitto 555r tires.

Vette had drag radials, long tubes, big cam, 6 speed.

Started from 25 roll and I went through 4th.
th_20131011_193510_zps626ff02a.jpg

OneSlowV

Established Member
Good race but i don't see the vette having a big cam on stock heads. Maybe just a full bolt on car if that?

begleyracing

Established Member
I don't know the specs on the cam. It has a very nice lope. And my buddy who has a ls camaro said the cam was a bigger cam then he has. He is the one taking the video.

begleyracing

Established Member
I thought the vette was going to pull by at any time. Because I knew it ran good. That was my first race after the boss intake. I was happy. My car dyno'd at 408 hp and 377 tq.

begleyracing

Established Member
Well first off I love the look. But yes I love shifting at 7500 rpm and the flat power curve really seems to help. People complain about a little tq loss down low but that's where my 3.73 gears come in plus when you are racing you stay a remove 5 k the whole time so you will not feel the power loss

BV600

Established Member
Coming from a C5Z that didn't have a cam, also C5Zs have a nice little cam sound from factory.

begleyracing

Established Member
Guess what I am friends with the guy. I know the car has a cam. Now if you want to blame it on driver or say I jumped or make up an excuse whatever. He did have an extra person so there's another 200 lbs for the vette.

begleyracing

Established Member
I'll say it. Your friend's car runs like shit. A bolt on c5z can run with your car no problem.

What are you considering bolt on everything I listed except the cam. Plus his car did run with mine. I might of ended up with a fender on him. Put the rider in the car with me he would of pulled me a little. I was just impressed in the run.

BV600

Established Member
Guess what I am friends with the guy. I know the car has a cam. Now if you want to blame it on driver or say I jumped or make up an excuse whatever. He did have an extra person so there's another 200 lbs for the vette.

Im just pointing out the facts in my case.
My old C5Z with full exhaust, Cai, DRs from a 40 roll ate alive a car just like your but with headers and a BBR tune.

RCRFLYBY

Established Member
Good run, Just curious but how big is a "big cam?"

Last edited:

begleyracing

Established Member
Ok guess I should have just said cam. But usually the further away from stock going from sound is a larger cam. Kinda just street talking I know just because it lopes a lot doesn't mean it is the best performance necessarily. The vette walked my buddies camaro that has 4.56 gears Dr's cam and bolt ons.

RCRFLYBY

Established Member
When i first read the headline i figured the vette was gonna get walked. New 5.0 aint no joke

Users who are viewing this thread