Pics of my wife's new 2011 Race Red Mustang (with a few subtle mods)

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
We traded my wife's '08 Mustang V6 automatic convertible in on a:

2011 Mustang V6 'Base' coupe

Race Red
Charcoal (Black) cloth interior
6 speed manual
2.73 gears
Rear spoiler

The car is very impressive for a V6!! Here are a few pics of it stock when we got it home.

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1050.jpg

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1053.jpg

These are the mods that we have done so far:

'09 GT/CS 18" wheels (We kept these off of my wife's '08 Mustang)
Matte black hood 'spears' stripes
Rear decklid blackout panel
GT/CS dark finish billet grille
V6 Pony Package fog light kit
Tinted windows
Flowmaster 'Force II' axleback
Auto Badges 3.7 fender badges

We have the following mods already ordered and are waiting for them:

Painted GT mirror caps
GrabberPony black ball shift knob with shift pattern engraved in Race Red

Here are the pics after the mods:

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Emblems look good.

I couldn't find any nice 3.7 emblems a couple months ago, so I put running ponies on my wifes V6.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Look great. Just not a fan of the badges though,just personal preference.

So when's it getting a gear? :D 7K rpm V6 deserves more than 2.73's.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Look great. Just not a fan of the badges though,just personal preference.

So when's it getting a gear? :D 7K rpm V6 deserves more than 2.73's.

This is the wife's DD so not sure on the gear yet. I'm hoping to hear some track results on some mildly modded V6's (CAI, tune, exhaust) with different gear ratios before making the swap.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

andymarkv

Established Member
Thanks for posting this!
My wife has finally expressed interest in getting rid of her '00 GT after 7 years.
I would love to put her in a new 5.0, but she doesn't drive hard and she's not an enthusiast. She just likes the feel of driving a "sporty" stick shift car.

The base car looks so nice as is and a few mods makes it even nicer!
I am starting to lean towards a base car with 6sp, spoiler and 3.31's.
While not an enthusiast, she did tell me she doesn't want to "step back" by going from a V8 to a V6. I think the new 3.7 has her old 4.6 car more than covered. I don't like the lack of low-end power, but I'm hoping additional gear will help in that department.

My biggest problem, and its dumb, is how V6's sound..... I watched a ton of aftermarket exhaust vids and just can't get into the V6 sound. Although the couple of vids with stock v6 exhaust doesn't sound too bad.....

What is your opinion overall so far?
My wife drives her car. (My GT500 is a garage queen....) I want her to be really happy with whatever she gets.

As I said before, we really like the look of your car! Any opinions you can give would help a lot!

Oh, this is an interesting incar vid of a V6 '11 with 3.31's and decent driver. I'm surprised even with the 3.31's he is still in 3rd at the end of the quarter. Click his description under the vid. His times look pretty dang respectable, even with crappy 60ft times!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkEqkTGiBv0"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang V6 vs. 2010 Mustang GT[/nomedia]

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Well done! Looks great.

Thanks for posting this!
My wife has finally expressed interest in getting rid of her '00 GT after 7 years.
I would love to put her in a new 5.0, but she doesn't drive hard and she's not an enthusiast. She just like the feel of driving a "sporty" stick shift car.

The base car looks so nice as is and a few mods makes it even nicer!
I am starting to lean towards a base car with 6sp, spoiler and 3.31's.
While not an enthusiast, she did tell me she doesn't want to "step back" by going to a V6 from a V8. I think the new 3.7 has her old 4.6 car more than covered. I don't like the lack of low-end power, but I'm hoping additional gear will help in that department.

My biggest problem, and its dumb, is how V6's sound..... I watched a ton of aftermarket exhaust vids and just can't get into the V6 sound. Although the couple of vids with stock v6 exhaust doesn't sound too bad.....

What is your opinion overall so far?
My wife drives her car. (My GT500 is a garage queen....) I want her to be really happy with whatever she gets.

As I said before, we really like the look of your car! Any opinions you can give would help a lot!

We have had the car for 2 weeks and have a little over 800 miles on it. My wife is really enjoying it so far.

Her old '08 Mustang V6 automatic convertible was getting between 17-18 MPG driving it back and forth to work. The 2 weeks that she has been driving the new car it has gotten between 21-22 MPG, so that is a 4 MPG improvement and the car should get better mileage as the motor breaks-in and loosens up some.

I put the Flowmaster 'Force II' axleback on the car and it has a VERY good sound for a V6. It sounds MUCH better than the older Ford V6's, this car has more of a European sound.

Our car has the 2.73 gears, but the fact that 1st gear in the transmission is 4.24 it really doesn't seem to be that high geared. I do think that I will put some 3.31's in the car this Spring after the JLT CAI kits comes out and I get that and a tune on the car.

I also think I'm going to put an aluminum driveshaft in the car. I put one in my '11 GT and the throttle response is definitely better!

The car rides and handles very well and the transmission and shifter are so much easier to drive than the older Mustangs. That is one of the main reasons that my wife decided to go back to a stick shift with this car.

The car is really sharp and it gets a TON of looks when we are out in it.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

andymarkv

Established Member
Thanks!
I have found a few few '11 flowmaster American Thunder vids, but no Force II's yet. The American Thunder didn't sound too bad....but I bet the milder Force II would be better.

I really think for the price, the '11 V6 might be a winner for my wife. She commutes entirely on the highway, so we should get in the upper 20's mpg with it.
She really wanted leather, she rides her horse almost every night after work and the hair clings to the cloth. But I just can't see where the premium car has enough options that we want to make it worth the cost. I suppose I could do a seat swap at some time if it became a big deal....

Keep us updated with your driving impressions!
Its still hard for me to believe that my bolt on 97 LT1 6sp car from just a few years ago would have its hands full with an almost stock Mustang V6!

I'm really glad I found this thread. I had been on the fence and I think this might have been the push I needed.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Thanks!
I have found a few few '11 flowmaster American Thunder vids, but no Force II's yet. The American Thunder didn't sound too bad....but I bet the milder Force II would be better.

I really think for the price, the '11 V6 might be a winner for my wife. She commutes entirely on the highway, so we should get in the upper 20's mpg with it.
She really wanted leather, she rides her horse almost every night after work and the hair clings to the cloth. But I just can't see where the premium car has enough options that we want to make it worth the cost. I suppose I could do a seat swap at some time if it became a big deal....

Keep us updated with your driving impressions!
Its still hard for me to believe that my bolt on 97 LT1 6sp car from just a few years ago would have its hands full with an almost stock Mustang V6!

I'm really glad I found this thread. I had been on the fence and I think this might have been the push I needed.

You're welcome!

Here is a clip of the 'Force II' system. It says that it is the American Thunder kit, but the part # (817497) is the same one that I bought which is the 'Force II'.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBM9Hue8cJA"]YouTube - Flowmaster 2011 V6 Mustang Axle-back Exhaust System[/nomedia]

Here is the pricing on the 'Force II' kit.

MustangStyle

As far as the leather is concerned, here is an option to that. This a post from another forum (refer to post #436).

Put your 2011 Mustang pics here please.... - Page 30 - Ford Mustang Forums

I just filled her car up a few minutes ago and she got 22.5 MPG on this tank driving back and forth to work.

andymarkv

Established Member
How noticable is the exhaust inside the car? My buddy had a bassani system on his GT500 and the drone would drive you out of the car....
The Flowmaster vid you posted is the one I saw and I think it sounds the best of any V6 exhaust I've found yet.

How is the lowend pull? That is my other big concern. Ususally I hate the six because you have to nothing when you stab the gas, you have to wait for it to get up into the higher RPM's.

I am impressed by this guys on road pulls. The one at the 9:00min mark he catches rubber at 80mph going into third and it seems to pull strong all the way till he lets off well over 100.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpnWTyoWiA&NR=1"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang V6 Magnaflow Exhaust (100+ MPH)[/nomedia]
But is that the only time it has any snot? 4000rpm and up?

Good call on the katzkin's! I had totally forgot about them. The new Camaro guys have been using them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread