jmatero

Established Member
This TSB arrived this morning:

MT82 MANUAL 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION COLD SHIFT EFFORT

TSB 11-3-18

FORD:
2011-2012 Mustang

ISSUE
Some 2011-2012 Mustang vehicles equipped with a MT82 6-speed manual transmission may exhibit increased shift efforts in cold ambient temperatures. This is usually most noticeable in 1st and 2nd gears but may also be noticed in 3rd through 6th gears. The increased shift effort may be the result of the increased viscosity of the transmission fluid in cold weather.

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
Replace the MotorcraftFull Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid with 2.6L (2.7 qt) of Motorcraft Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 308-03A for the transmission fluid draining and filling procedure.

This fluid is suitable for use in all ambient temperatures and seasons, and the Scheduled Maintenance guidelines in the Owner Guide can continue to be followed.

The use of friction modifiers or other fluid additives is not recommended since although they may provide some immediate improvement in cold shift effort, they are likely to result in long term degradation of the synchronizers

TermNewb

Banned
A T-56 wouldn't be any better... probably worse. I used to have a Z28, tranny had just as many gay problems.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Band aid. You cant tell me months of grinding is fixed by a simple fluid change. Im better off leaving the fluid in there and hoping the trans grenades before the warranty is up.

FIFTY

Established Member
A T-56 wouldn't be any better... probably worse. I used to have a Z28, tranny had just as many gay problems.

I don't think it would be worst, JPC's 5.0 has the T56 MAGNUM which is rated to 700tq. I've been try to get some info on it because JPC is going to offer a kit(Bell housing,clutch,shifter,drive shaft, etc)

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Haha that's how what I was thinking ;)

Only thing is with it being a TSB the dealer will have to produce the issue(in my case at least)...

ViciousJay

Established Member
Haha that's how what I was thinking ;)

Only thing is with it being a TSB the dealer will have to produce the issue(in my case at least)...

ahhhh ill tell them about it, and most likely they will just replace it... the tech would rather get .4 hours for it then none at all

AmnDucky

Established Member
What. The. Piss. I thought the DCT fluid was wrong? I thought it had been determined that it wasn't a solution. Looks like I will bring my car back to my dealership, ask for the change, and say I want the transmission inspected if there are any metal shavings in the old oil. This is bullcrap. I want new parts damnit.

redline

Established Member
not to steal the thread buttttttttttt. does ford have a tsb on the starter?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I don't think it would be worst, JPC's 5.0 has the T56 MAGNUM which is rated to 700tq. I've been try to get some info on it because JPC is going to offer a kit(Bell housing,clutch,shifter,drive shaft, etc)

A t56 barely shifts better than a old toploader... Why well almost same size gears etc. as old toploader.. It takes a man to shove it in many times. It is not no way a import like t5. Yea say Rob your full of sh-t well hmmm tremec bought rights to the toploader is it starting to seem a lil fishy now?

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
A t56 barely shifts better than a old toploader... Why well almost same size gears etc. as old toploader.. It takes a man to shove it in many times. It is not no way a import like t5. Yea say Rob your full of sh-t well hmmm tremec bought rights to the toploader is it starting to seem a lil fishy now?

Hahaha, your right. Had a bunch of those in the day behind 351 4V Clevelands, both wide ratios and close, even with a verti gate it was like trying to speed shift a john deere tractor when you were at 7500 rpms.

Users who are viewing this thread