Installed a catch can on the HPX motorsports 2012 GT

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Chris Holmes from HPX motorsports came by our shop yesterday afternoon and we fit a Bob's catch can onto his 2012 GT. Really nice guy, located in Sarasota. Thought I would share the pics. :beer:

Bob's Auto Sports - Mustang GT 5.0 oil separator catch can pcv filter

HPX Motorsports LLC

Bobsgtcatchcan1.jpg

Bobscatchcangt2.jpg

Steve@BAS

Established Member
looks like a nice piece

Thanks. They are also sold as a bare bones kit, so you can do your own custom fittings and hoses. They have been made for the gt500 market for a while now, but the GT crowd can use these styles ideas too! Starting at $99 shipped Brushed Bare Bones Oil Separator

From svtp thread : http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...o-sports-new-oil-air-separator-catch-can.html

Project complete. Nice piece. The Fragola 90* adapter anodizing is off so may exchange that piece. Tried to keep it compact. Put the ground wires on the underneath side. Cut the bolt short so it was flush as it threaded from underneath for the front ground wire. The rear wire is underneath with a nut on the longer provided bolt. Tabs did not have to get straightened since they reside in the same holes just reversed from the underside if that makes sense.

Catchcan1.jpg

Catchcan2.jpg

DSC_0115-1.jpg

Here's the final install with the battery installed and everything cleaned up.

P1010131.jpg

P1010132.jpg

P1010132.jpg

Figured I should finally post my install, as this thread seems to be the place for Bob's oil separator install options..

Silver PC can and bracket purchased from Steve, no fittings or hose.
NPT to -10 AN adapters
45 deg -10 AN fitting for Twist Loc hose
90 deg -10 AN fitting for Twist Loc hose
16" -10 AN Russell Twist Loc hose
4 ea Gates PowerGrip Thermoplastic heat shrink clamps.

Short Line from can to valve cover
89ce1d5c.jpg

And a few installed

4621f7ed.jpg

6786194a.jpg

d1f1fe86.jpg

Not sure I'll do a can on the drivers side, but will order fittings and shrink clamps to make a matching hose.

Users who are viewing this thread