SVTPP Wheels are expensive.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
So when I picked up by Shelby fortunately I looked the car over in detail before I took delivery. BOTH my rear wheels were scratched by the shipping company. In the end my dealer did not look the car over very detailed when the car was unloaded on delivery day. My dealer called Ford to discuss the situation and after seeing pics agreed to replace the wheels. Each wheel was $1900.00! Yes $3800.00 total! I hope I never have to buy these myself. A good ending thankfully :)) Check your Shelby's on delivery!

IMG_2622.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That totally blows. But glad they didn't hesitate to replace them.

Ford asks ASTRONOMICAL prices for wheels. Ford Racing is much cheaper.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to look mine over really close when I receive it in the next couple of days.

mullens

Established Member
Great advice. Go over your car with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery. I do every time. Once you drive off, it's yours and the burden of proof is on you.

And yes, $1900 really?? They must have a 24k gold core.

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
Great advice. Go over your car with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery. I do every time. Once you drive off, it's yours and the burden of proof is on you.

And yes, $1900 really?? They must have a 24k gold core.

Ya thats what I thought when I saw a thread a few days ago listing the price! Crazy:shrug:

SteelTownStang

Established Member
LOL... They actually came down in price. The 11 & 12 OEM SVTPP wheels were over $2K last year. That's why we have ebay, craigslist, etc.. however, you might have to wait a while for the '13s, but they'll eventually show up.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I kissed a curb with my RR and decided to file an insurance claim ($100.00 ded). I still have the old wheel.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Interesting, since right where your scratches are, look to be almost in the same spot as the other thread where the guy said his wheels were chipping, and we all said it looked like they were scratch or damaged, not paint flaking. Wonder if he didn't inspect well when he took delivery.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Tousley Ford had them for $1783.37 List $1177.00 NET in Dec 2011. I asked for an estimate to give to my insurance company. Funny thing, Goodyear scrapped my new wheel up mounting it and when I gave them the estimate they decided to go with the local dealer who had them for over $2K each.

LOL... They actually came down in price. The 11 & 12 OEM SVTPP wheels were over $2K last year. That's why we have ebay, craigslist, etc.. however, you might have to wait a while for the '13s, but they'll eventually show up.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Interesting, since right where your scratches are, look to be almost in the same spot as the other thread where the guy said his wheels were chipping, and we all said it looked like they were scratch or damaged, not paint flaking. Wonder if he didn't inspect well when he took delivery.

I'm not retarded of course I looked over the car with a fine tooth comb, this isn't something you don't see the moment you look at the rim.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I'm not retarded of course I looked over the car with a fine tooth comb, this isn't something you don't see the moment you look at the rim.

Defensive much? Didn't call you retarded. Just saying maybe you missed it. His looks to be close to the same spot yours was in. Was simply a suggestion.

But hey, don't post on a public forum if you don't want suggestions. :shrug:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I talked to Steve at Tousley today and they will sell for far below list. But you are still looking at ~$1200 per rear wheel.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread