• No Way

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Cannon exhaust.
i only want the headers from the comp R system.
however cannons systems would be alot easier to setup due to the slip fit.

RipitRon

Established Member
Unless you are over 650 to 750 RWHP I say No, it isnt worth $2K. There is now way the beautifull sound of this exhaust is worth $2K unless you are pushing these HP levels, so you can see some HP gains!

If you did a side by side comparision on a 550 hp truck with a full long tube, high flow cats and catback from any of the standard guys, and you put on the 3" exhaust my guess is you wont see a big difference. But do that same comparision on a 650 HP vehical running hi boost and I bet you do!

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
stock #'s or fully built numbers....the answer IMO is yes. The sound alone is bad ass.

I will be going that route eventually. Tell you what. Listen to an L in person with the comp-r exhaust w/o cats and then try to find a better sounding exhaust set up.:read:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
stock #'s or fully built numbers....the answer IMO is yes. The sound alone is bad ass.

I will be going that route eventually. Tell you what. Listen to an L in person with the comp-r exhaust w/o cats and then try to find a better sounding exhaust set up.:read:

I've had dyna tech headers, Kooks headers, hollowed out cats, hi flows, silver bullet full exhaust from JDM, magna flow, bassani cat back, etc etc etc

The best sound is the JLP Comp R exhaust, I have it on my L, video clips do it no justice

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Nope, JLP gets none of my money ever... This exhaust may look nice, and even sound nice (which it does), but to me would never justify 2g's. There are different routes to go which can save you money to mod other parts of the truck.... 400 hp or 700 hp.... I'd go with the Cannon system before this.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I have the full Kooks/JDM setup with no cats. Works/sounds great. But if I was doing it now I would definately go with a 3" system. They were not available when I made my choice. Small gains below 500HP, but much more important with bigger HP setups.Not going to pull mine out to upgrade though. Too much cost to do over.Future plans may indeed need a system with even better flow than the JLP system offers.

Jim

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
DEFINITELY worth it! By the time you price out a full 2.5" exhaust system, the cost isn't much more for the full 3" JLP system, and it sounds UNBELIEVABLE! You gotta hear it in person and you'll know instantly. I had a full 2.5" exhaust on my truck, and now with the full 3" its a whole new tone. Its much deeper than 2.5", there's NO drone like so many 2.5" systems have, and you'll never need to upgrade again. Full exhaust may not be worth big performance gain at 400 hp, but if you're doing full exhaust, do it once, the sound is worth it for the difference til you get up there in power and need that extra flow!

Even if you have a full system, its not too bad to upgrade either. By the time you sell the full 2.5" system, its not much more to buy the 3.0" system. You can sometimes find it in the classifieds now and then too and snag up a killer deal.

Also, the install was a piece of cake. If you put the pipes in in the right order, they literally fall right into place, and all the bolts are cake to get to compared to most headers.

Also its the only equal length header 3" system. The other 3" system doesn't have equal length primaries, and it does result in a more uneven sound than the JLP setup.

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
DEFINITELY worth it! By the time you price out a full 2.5" exhaust system, the cost isn't much more for the full 3" JLP system, and it sounds UNBELIEVABLE! You gotta hear it in person and you'll know instantly. I had a full 2.5" exhaust on my truck, and now with the full 3" its a whole new tone. Its much deeper than 2.5", there's NO drone like so many 2.5" systems have, and you'll never need to upgrade again. Full exhaust may not be worth big performance gain at 400 hp, but if you're doing full exhaust, do it once, the sound is worth it for the difference til you get up there in power and need that extra flow!

Even if you have a full system, its not too bad to upgrade either. By the time you sell the full 2.5" system, its not much more to buy the 3.0" system. You can sometimes find it in the classifieds now and then too and snag up a killer deal.

Also, the install was a piece of cake. If you put the pipes in in the right order, they literally fall right into place, and all the bolts are cake to get to compared to most headers.

Also its the only equal length header 3" system. The other 3" system doesn't have equal length primaries, and it does result in a more uneven sound than the JLP setup.

the equal length part is the only reason i want the headers. I dont want the mids or the cat back...i just want the headers but i dont think JL will sell only the headers :(

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Doesnt bassani make it? Did you try calling up the company? It's worth a shot. I was told on another forum some people bought just certain parts.

What other companies make "3 off road mids, mufflers(im guessing it's 3" in/out im not sure_ etc

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Doesnt bassani make it? Did you try calling up the company? It's worth a shot. I was told on another forum some people bought just certain parts.

What other companies make "3 off road mids, mufflers(im guessing it's 3" in/out im not sure_ etc

havent tried contacting them yet, and hell headers arent in my near future plans to be honest.
as for what other company makes 3" stuff...cannons exhaust system is all 3in, stainless and a lifetime warranty if i remember right

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Yeah, it sounds so much sicker in person.

Kryo, i too wont be getting the compr in the near future. I feel that 2k can and will be better spent on other parts of the truck. Even once i do get it, i dont think i will get much for my current exhaust parts(bassani bx and OEM mids with magnaflow high flows welded in).

Users who are viewing this thread