HP numbers 2.65/4lb

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
If you're talking about an Eaton (ported or unported), that would be the most boost I've ever personally seen. You would be overspinning the blower and creating so much heat that I'd doubt you'd see much higher numbers than a 2.76 upper only.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I made 450/500 10 min cool down 95* summer heat with a 2.76/4lb stock eaton no port. 2.65 should be much difference. Also revving above 6000 does nothing but move hot air, my tq peak is 3500 and hp is around 5800. But you should have plans for a port with that combo. Lots of heat but only if you run back to back or your hot lapping. Get a good cai, h/e, coolant tanks, and a head cooling mod you will be good. Ive had my combo for a few years no problems ive just recently gotten a fluidyne h/e no expansion tanks or cooling mod. But i rarely get on it unless its worth it or if it hasnt been cleaned out in a while. Ive been to 160 once and ran 12.0s all day at the track only thing ive went through was dr's and stock halfshafts. The sra solved that,

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Thats overkill on the blower...

If you're talking about an Eaton (ported or unported), that would be the most boost I've ever personally seen. You would be overspinning the blower and creating so much heat that I'd doubt you'd see much higher numbers than a 2.76 upper only.

:lol: You guys crack me up! That's not overkill for the stock blower and it will make nice power. It's just outside the box of what SVTP is used to seeing. I ran a 2.75/4lb combo and made the numbers in my sig. My 2.75 upper became damaged so I replaced it with a 2.65 upper. Everything is fine, all that BS about the blower getting boiling hot blah blah blah is from people who have no personal experience. The car makes sick power, and back to back runs are no problem.....none of this heatsoak garbage. Just get a good tune and make sure the car has enough fuel.

Also revving above 6000 does nothing but move hot air, my tq peak is 3500 and hp is around 5800.

With you're car not being ported the curve after 6k might be as nice, but on a ported blower car makes plenty of power past 6k. I've always run my fastest times by far shifting between 6400-6500.

To the OP, with an unported blower that combo will see 450-475rwhp and 520-550rwtq. On a ported blower you should see 520-550rwhp and 530-560rwtq.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I can see that combo working with a port, but for unported I would just stick with the 2.65 only. It will make probabily the same overall hp numbers as with the lower kit, just less tq. And will have alot harder top end charge.

:lol: You guys crack me up! That's not overkill for the stock blower and it will make nice power. It's just outside the box of what SVTP is used to seeing. I ran a 2.75/4lb combo and made the numbers in my sig. My 2.75 upper became damaged so I replaced it with a 2.65 upper. Everything is fine, all that BS about the blower getting boiling hot blah blah blah is from people who have no personal experience. The car makes sick power, and back to back runs are no problem.....none of this heatsoak garbage. Just get a good tune and make sure the car has enough fuel.

With you're car not being ported the curve after 6k might be as nice, but on a ported blower car makes plenty of power past 6k. I've always run my fastest times by far shifting between 6400-6500.

To the OP, with an unported blower that combo will see 450-475rwhp and 520-550rwtq. On a ported blower you should see 520-550rwhp and 530-560rwtq.

Maybe you have a special unported Eaton that never gets hot and doesn't pull timing when the IAT2s get crazy which they will very soon after going WOT several times with that setup. The heat buildup on an unported Eaton has been discussed ad nauseum over on ModularFords. On a ported Eaton the 2.8/4lb lower is the way to go. On a stock blower you'll be pulley timing with so much quicker. Its not fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread