New H/E pump

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
So my stk h/e pump has beed cutting off and on so I bout a new Bosch pump, I installed it and it didnt cycle and these pumps come on like 10sec after starting the car, has anyone had wiring issues or whats the deal? I reinstalled my stk one and it still turns on but not right away I have to start driving it, any thoughts or experiance on this.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Try to put a jumper on the relay and see if it turns on instantly. The wires that connect to the plug are flimsy and weak. Check them to make sure they are not messed up. I have heard of the wires corroding many times.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Try to put a jumper on the relay and see if it turns on instantly. The wires that connect to the plug are flimsy and weak. Check them to make sure they are not messed up. I have heard of the wires corroding many times.

I did direct power from the battery and it did jump on but when installed it didnt so I guess Ill check the wiring.

jazz05

Established Member
If I recall the H/E is triggered by IAT2 temps start up will vary by engine temp , air temp etc. can't remember the exact number but this throws a lot of people for a loop because it doesn't seem to be consistent , until you consider that air temp and engine temp conditions air rarely the same . I.E first start of the day , 3rd pass at the track....

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
If I recall the H/E is triggered by IAT2 temps start up will vary by engine temp , air temp etc. can't remember the exact number but this throws a lot of people for a loop because it doesn't seem to be consistent , until you consider that air temp and engine temp conditions air rarely the same . I.E first start of the day , 3rd pass at the track....

I hear you but this pump on all cobras should come on when the engine is started, it would always cycle right away, if it waited for temps to reach 160* and then come on, you would pull timing because it wouldnt cool down on time, it needs to run to maintain 160*, for each 10* over it will pull 1* of timng. I did a dyno run without it running and pulled 4* timing not good went up to 200* from 160*

Users who are viewing this thread