fuel pump wiring - Return style

jsucil89

Established Member
Can I tap into the existing fuel pump wiring (brwn w/ pink stripe wire) for the 12V supply to my new in-line fuel pumps that are utilized w/ my return style fuel system? I figured it would be fine and I would still have the capability to monitor fuel pump duty cycle via my Aeroforce gauges.

black 10th vert

Established Member
From the research I have done, it seems like that would work, but the cleanest way is to buy the plug that goes into the FPDM harness like you would if building a dual FPDM setup, then using that to trigger the relays for your return pumps. That is how I plan to do mine when the time comes.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Can I tap into the existing fuel pump wiring (brwn w/ pink stripe wire) for the 12V supply to my new in-line fuel pumps that are utilized w/ my return style fuel system? I figured it would be fine and I would still have the capability to monitor fuel pump duty cycle via my Aeroforce gauges.
The small gauge wire used in the factory wiring is not sufficient enough for return style pumps. You will need to run a seperate power wire from your battery to the rear and use the Green/Yellow wire to trigger a relay for the pumps. 8 Gauge wire or better would be what I would suggest.

Also, return pumps run 100% all the time, so the duty cycle is always 100%.

From the research I have done, it seems like that would work, but the cleanest way is to buy the plug that goes into the FPDM harness like you would if building a dual FPDM setup, then using that to trigger the relays for your return pumps. That is how I plan to do mine when the time comes.
Correct. You dont even need the FPDM on a return style set up. You can get the plug and pull all but the 1 Green/Yellow wire that is needed for the trigger.

Would you get this connector from Tousley?
Yes. Just ask Steve and he will know which plug.

Users who are viewing this thread