O/R pro-chamber vs. O/R X-pipe?!?!

best of both

Established Member
:shrug:i am currently running a Mac prochamber with a Mac cat-back...
near the manifold a spot of rust has finally made its way thru the pipe and created a exhaust leak...i did weld the tiny hole up, however i doubt it will last very long....
my dilema is that i wanna replace the pro-chamber....but im unsure about what i wanna replace it with ...i love the sound but im curious is there might be any performance gain switching to an O/R X???

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
X has the best flow of any midpipe but i doubt any power gain would be that noticeable by switching to an x

03zycobra

Established Member
If you love the sound of the prochamber then stick with it. The power gains will be minimal with a switch to an X and you may not like the sound.

best of both

Established Member
i had a O/R H-pipe on my 91 lx and O/R X-pipe on my 06 gt
very true though i just cant get enuff of pro-chamber on a cobra i love the sound...
just curious if any one out has had both and seen any performance gain with the X

MisterChrome

Established Member
I have a catted X right now with a Mac CB. Considering turning it into an O/R X, its modular by SLP. Also considering getting and O/R PC but dont know what to do bc I am hoping to get LT headers soon, so if I wait I can get the shortened O/R PC vs the legged one. half the price

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I just installed my Bassani o/r x and it seems slower like i lost low end tq. The thing is louder than HELL!:rockon:
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5ae1d47c-9af5-466d-92be-9a4c0010a599.htm"]'03 Cobra,Borla Stingers,Bassani O/R X - Video[/ame]

Last edited:

Charles236

Established Member
I have the stainless Prochamber, it sounds great in my opinion. I doubt if there would be any noticeable change in performance switching from a Prochamber to an X-pipe if both are off road types.

moonltgold

I just installed my Bassani o/r x and it seems slower like i lost low end tq.

You did. I've been told by a local speed shop that Bassani X is the worse at this (loosing low end torque), but the fact is that the X pipes don't wake up until about about 5,000 rpm, with the H-pipe having the advantage below that. Above 5K, the exhaust gas velocity is too fast for the H to crossflow/equalize, and the X really starts scavenging.

Users who are viewing this thread