Official Cobra Sale Thread

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok, car is about completely cleaned up, so time to post this thread. I've had some bites, but that's it so far. Things have had me tied up, otherwise this would have been in the autotrader already, but such is life. Anyway, 22k obo is my asking price officially, PM me if your MACA and serious, and we'll talk.

Autotrader Ad link (contains pictures):
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rds=25&seller_type=b&cardist=0&standard=false

Details:
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
28k miles, second owner (I bought it from Cobrachs with 14k on it)

Cosmetic:
AFS 18" 03 cobra replica's, 9" front, 10.5" rear
SVT stitched trunk liner
35% tint on the front, 20% everywhere else
Chrome Cobra Bumper inserts
Redline chrome hood struts

Stereo:
Pioneer Double Din Deck, 8000BT
Alpine Class D sub amp
JL audio stealth box w/ 10" WS4

Interior:
SOS gauge pod with blue raptor shift light, Autometer lunar Fuel pressure and Boost gauges
XD 16 paired with an LC-1 wideband mounted on an autometer steering column gauge pod
MGW shifter
BAP adjuster mounted inside center console
Ipod Cable inside center console
Bluetooth mic mounted inside gauge cluster

Suspension:
Koni Yellows on all 4 corners. Dual Adjustable in the front, single adjustable in the rear.
H&R SS Springs
MM diff and IRS bushings
MM 14mm IRS bolts

Brakes:
Drilled/slotted rotors (powerslot)
MM SS front brake lines
Ceramic Brake Pads (very low dust)

Engine/Exhaust/Drivetrain:
KB 2.4 Blower with 3" upper and Metco 4lb lower (17lbs of boost, but I do have other pullies to either raise or lower this)
60lb injectors
KB BAP
CPR fuel rails
RR idler set, including upper idler -- Metco Bracket for the upper idler
LFP intercooler tank
JLT cold air intake (Painted Sonic Blue)
SCT 2400 MAF
Billietflow single blade TB (COBRA is engraved on it)
Fiore firewall adjuster
Steeda triple hook quadrant
Spec 3+ clutch
Centerforce flywheel
26 spline input shaft
rebuilt trans with brass shift fork fingers (instead of the stock plastic)
Bassani off-road xpipe
Bassani SS catback
Level 5 halfshafts
Billetflow IRS brace
LFP heat exchanger

Additional goodies that come with the car:
Two extra KB blower pullies. One to raise boost to around 21lbs, the other to lower it.
Extra Blower Belts
Stock Catted Mid-pipe
SCT Xcal2 (Loaded with two tunes, street/race)

The Bad:
Back when Charles had the car it was in a minor rear end collision. From what I understand, the only thing that was replaced was the rear urethane bumper cover, and there was no sheet metal damage. I never ran a carfax on this thing, so I don't know if that will show up on it or not. Depends on how Charles had it fixed.

The other bad thing is a scuff on the splitter and a paint chip just above it. This was there when I bought the car (and I'd forgotten all about it until last night when I was cleaning the front clip off) and it's a little worse now thanks to a test drive earlier this summer. The guy driving accidentally bottomed the car out on a dip while going around double the speed limit. After he left I checked the K-member for damage (didn't see anything) but didn't bother to check the front bumper...he did manage to make that chip a little worse. It's still not terrible, but it's there.

Rock Chips. This car has a few of them. They drive me crazy. If I were keeping it, I'd get the whole front clip repainted just to get rid of the damn things. Ditto with the lousy factory paint on the under side of the hood. This would also fix the above chip on the lower valence just above the splitter, which would make me doubly happy. But, since it's for sale, I am not going to bother.

Inside of the wheels. AFS didn't put a very good coating of chrome in there, and it's oxidized. This is especially discouraging because the car saw one season of bad weather with these on it before it got sidelined by a new daily. Since then, it's only seen rain a handful of times, but apparently it's been enough to cause some oxidation on the inside of the wheels. The spokes and outside still look great, but if you are like me and keep the inside of the wheels cleaned up too, you'll probably want to pull them off and buff it out inside.

The car has no other issues that I'm aware of, aside from a bad Wideband O2 sensor that I plan on replacing prior to the sale. Given that this failed, the health of the regular O2 sensors is probably suspect. Depending on how much disposable income I have after Christmas, I may just replace these as well and be done with it.

If anyone has ANY questions, please ask. I'd rather be forth coming about any and all issues with the car and loose a sale, then lie or keep things to myself and have someone pissed later because I forgot to disclose something.

So I think that about covers it.

Here are the pictures from tonight, and some pictures of the inside from about a month or so ago when it was last outside in daylight:
trunk.jpg

roof.jpg

reflection5.jpg

reflection4.jpg

reflection3.jpg

reflection2.jpg

reflection1.jpg

me.jpg

hood.jpg

enginebay.jpg

chips2.jpg

chips1.jpg

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

back.jpg

across_rear.jpg

Interior:
int9.jpg

int8.jpg

int7.jpg

int6.jpg

int5.jpg

int4.jpg

int3.jpg

int2.jpg

int1.jpg

int10.jpg

int11.jpg

int12.jpg

int13.jpg

int14.jpg

int15.jpg

int16.jpg

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks Doug. I am not firm on the price, but it seemed like a good starting point for negotiations. I have to buff out the front bumper, and wax it, then I'll take some new shots and put it in the auto trader.

I'll entertain any reasonable offers, and I'll happily answer any questions about the car.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks Carlos. Good luck to you as well. Hopefully both cars find new owners that will take care of them.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Wow that's shiny. :eek:
If it was dirtier, I'd love to get it, but I couldn't deal with a car that looks that good.
I hope it goes to someone as caring as you, Mike. Good luck.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Greg if it'll make you buy it, I'll take it out tonight and do donuts in the snow until it's covered with mud, slush and salt. lol.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I need more garage, a lot more garage...

Thinking about a 2012 Boss 302 with the Laguna pkg, the black with red stripes...

but the garage is full of queens:shrug::shrug:

Who wants to buy a pkg deal of the "L" and the Cobra :burnout:

Ken
:beer::beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks man. It's in good shape, but it's not perfect. There are some rock chips on it that you can't really see in the pictures.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yeah the TF's did look good, but they were only on the car while a friend borrowed my AFS wheels for a trip. Thanks for the compliments though.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Situation change = price drop. If you, or someone you know is serious, especially if they are in MACA, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread