Toyo TQ DR's 315/35-18 on 10.5" wheels

Seahorse

Established Member
Had these installed a few days back on Weldcraft widened stock wheels. VERY happy with the increase in traction over the stock F1 Supercraps, finally getting a true sense of just how hard this thing accelerates in the lower gears.

DSC04889.jpg

DSC04936.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

2.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04957.jpg

Seahorse

Established Member
Thanks guys :)

mmm I like that a lot sit nice on their. Hows the traction?

Can't quite hold WOT in first, but pretty damn close, then a slight squirm on a quick shift to second and hold on! Really though, light years ahead of the stock F1's!

nice bro, after a slight drop it will be perfect

It's already lowered on FRPP springs, unfortunatetly that's about as far as I can go with our winter cratered roads.

Seahorse

Established Member
Being north of the border :) I got 'em from a company in B.C. I think DiscountTire carries them too.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Thanks guys :)

Can't quite hold WOT in first, but pretty damn close, then a slight squirm on a quick shift to second and hold on! Really though, light years ahead of the stock F1's!

It's already lowered on FRPP springs, unfortunatetly that's about as far as I can go with our winter cratered roads.

i hear that i hate Michigan 3 months a year. I love the huge tires

it'llgo

Established Member
I am replacing my tq's tomorrow with some Vredestein Sessantas in a 315/35/17. The TQ is a good tire but they wore out in 3500 miles or so. And my car was the same way as yours. Spun first and a little bit in second.
I'm looking for something that will last longer for DD duties and then get a set of MT dr's for fun days. I had the MT's before on a 420 rwhp car and they would hook in first gear with 4.10's. They lasted about 4000 miles so I think I'll dish out the extra $ for the MT's and see what first gear feels like at the 600 rwhp level... hopefully.
Car looks sick BTW!

Seahorse

Established Member
No spacers. But I do need to fine tune with the adj. panhard yet - the rear end is biased a touch to the drivers side right now.

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Out of curiousity, you wouldn't check to see how wide they are mounted on those 10.5" wheels would you? I'm still shopping around for two tires to put on the back of my car in place of my BFG DR's. I'm tired of getting caught in the rain with those on and want something with some tread that will handle the rain without taking 10 years off my life.

Seahorse

Established Member
Hard to measure exactly with them on the car, but looks to be just shy of 13".

Users who are viewing this thread