New 5.0 vs Stock LS1 Camaro

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Looks like the mustang driver needs some more seat time...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3KHupBM"]YouTube- 2011 5.0 Mustang[/nomedia]

Not sure what to think.

I love the new 5.0 GT's, but I just HOPE the mustang lost because of a driver mod... I thought these things were supposed to be in the 12's from the factory! HOWEVER, the 5.0 had a passenger too.

Anyone have some 1/4 mile times from actual owners and not media sources?

Definately not trying to stir the pot (since I'm a mustang guy as well), but this video just suprised me because its the first I've seen of one in a real life situation on the streets..

Last edited:

Chris06GT

Established Member
I am gonna say driver mod.....I expect high 12's from the stock 5.0's....

I mean, Evolution pulled 11.82 with bolt-on's....

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the average guy in a 5.0 isnt goin to run 12.70's@110 in it. hes going to run low 13's@107-109, or right in line with a lid/exhaust LS1 car. not to suprised really.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Are you kidding me^^^

This car has not been out long enough for the owners to get some seat time.

Driver mod ftl on this one

+engine not broken in

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol....

Looks like in real life the 5.0 is still just too slow!

The 5.0 even got the hit, I bet that guy wanted to take his car back to the dealer after that...

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Lol....

Looks like in real life the 5.0 is still just too slow!

The 5.0 even got the hit, I bet that guy wanted to take his car back to the dealer after that...

when you bought your car did you know how to drive it to its best potential the first day? was it broken in?

cut the dude some slack im sure even you will be seeing the taillights of a 5.0 before you know it.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
the car had 10 freaking miles on it...with about 600lbs of human in it..........good lord....The owner of the SS is the owner of the new 5.0. He said his SS dynoed 330RWHP as well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
when you bought your car did you know how to drive it to its best potential the first day? was it broken in?

cut the dude some slack im sure even you will be seeing the taillights of a 5.0 before you know it.

Can I talk a little smack please?

Lets not get all sensitive on me again...

And to the tail lights comment, anything is possible, so I'll be waiting.
But last time I checked a whipple 03 was having a hard time showing me his so dont hold your breath... :rockon:

Silver95

Established Member
LOL, not broken in? Are we REALLY going to use that one guys? I mean it sure makes a difference, but how drastic is the question. I love both cars but some excuses are just out of whack. I'd stick to the passengers in the mustang before "not being broken in, thats why it lost"

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Uhhhh HELLO? How convenient… They didn't show any shots of the Camaro's engine bay. C'mon

I call :bs: on that vid. Stock Maro my ass.

Guys just believe me when I say its stock, really there's no need to pop the hood. :rollseyes

Im not saying that it couldn't happen but I need to see more than the exterior of a Camaro to believe its stock.

Last edited:

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
Its pretty damn simple... passenger. The 5.0's advantage is the weight difference, toss in a passenger and its gone... so? Besides there's no way of knowing both cars were stock. Who's to say the Camaro didnt have a bolt on or two?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Its pretty damn simple... passenger. The 5.0's advantage is the weight difference, toss in a passenger and its gone... so? Besides there's no way of knowing both cars were stock. Who's to say the Camaro didnt have a bolt on or two?
The one who made the vid:lol1:

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
Getting on the 2011 GT wait list......................................................$100.00

Reading all the hype for a year........................................................$0.00

Picking up your new GT..................................................................$36,000

Finding out you still can't beat a stock LS1.........................................PRICELESS

Users who are viewing this thread