2002 Z28, Heads/Cam/100 Shot vs Ported Cobra and a SICK stroker notch

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
My Z28 is the same one from this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cobra-vs-h-c-nitrous-02-z28-daytime-vids.html

This time I had the bottle ready to go (bottle was nearing empty when I raced the black Cobra).

I was supposed to meet up with some guy that my brother knows through work to race a couple of his friends. At the same time, my friend said that he was getting set up for a race last night too. We ended up meeting up with the guy setting up the races and it turns out that we were being set up to race each other without anyone realizing it, haha.

My car is a heads/cam/100 shot 2002 Z28 M6. Estimated 520 rwhp 590 rwtq:

IMG_0682.jpg

My friend's car is a 2004 Cobra with a ported blower that made 502 rwhp and 470 rwtq:

IMG_1601.jpg

The race was from 40 mph with both cars in 2nd, to the top my 4th gear. Both cars had a passenger. (Keep in mind everyone freaking out when I raced that black ported Cobra and I had low bottle pressure).

[youtube_browser]8BxGRalKJuk[/youtube_browser]

Coming soon with be a rematch with the Cobra on a 75 shot, making 574/618.

Next up I ran my other friend who has a badass notchback Mustang. The car has a 349 stroker which redlines at 8000 rpm, faceplated trans, and a race weight of less than 3300 lbs.

IMG_1596.jpg

He raced me on motor and I sprayed. We went from 40 mph and I had a passenger. The car is no joke! (sorry for the poor video quality, but you get the idea)

[youtube_browser]7gva5rCqrzw[/youtube_browser]

Awesome night of racing last night! Everyone hung out before and after and everyone is friends so there was no BS, just good friendly competition!

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
badass ron, good races, when did this happen last night? I missed it! lol must of been after I left, you should run al's cobra without the bottle and see how you do against him on motor aswell.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Jeff, we'll definitely get some more runs in. The best part of racing with friends is that you can play around and just keep lining them up without the usual "street race" BS.

Yeah, we could even hear it in my little camera last night, when we watched the videos, that the notch sounded rediculous as it pulled forever!

NASTY5.0

DRIVER MOD INSIDE
Established Member
thanks Ron for all the fun last night. We gotta go at it again sometime. I agree i love racing people you know without all the bs.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Thanks! It's been decided by the powers that be, the next races must be day races for badass videos :D

venomws6

Established Member
Great runs Notch sounds and pull sick..

So the bottle pressure made a huge diffrence?? how much power did the last Cobra had?

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
So the bottle pressure made a huge diffrence?? how much power did the last Cobra had?

The bottle pressure as low that last time (against the black Cobra), but even worse is that it was low due to the bottle being nearly empty. That's the biggest factor from my experience.

The black Cobra from the previous thread was never dynoed by this owner, so I'm not sure on the power. Different cars, different drivers, the black Cobra didn't have a passenger, the only real way to see what the difference is will be to line up the same cars, which is in the works!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread