'11 Mustang V6 vs LT1 **vids**

WSsick

Established Member
Been wanting to run this one for a while, turned out to be just as close as we thought. i was the cameraman for these runs and whichever car I was in lost, it was that close.

2011 Mustang V6- Roush axleback, 6 speed manual.
1995 Camaro Z28- intake, magnaflow catback, auto w/ stock 3.23 gears.

RUN 1= passenger in Mustang
RUN 2= passenger in Camaro (Z28 spun and got a bit sideways)
RUN 3= passenger in Camaro
RUN 4= no passenger in either

RUN #1
[youtube_browser]Qff1RaBBYhY[/youtube_browser]

RUN #2
[youtube_browser]UBcT6IVeLtQ[/youtube_browser]

RUN #3
[youtube_browser]9M9Jgqf-zZ8[/youtube_browser]

RUN #4
[youtube_browser]CLO-unhJoCQ[/youtube_browser]

Tried to get in a roll, but it didn't work out. There will most likely be a rematch, hopefully with some more mods. Rolls might be included.

Just a couple quick pics. Keep it mind, it was pitch black outside when we took these.

oidw5x.jpg

119wlzk.jpg

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
That's either a testament as to how good Ford is making those new 6's or just a testament as to how bad the LT1's suck

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Great races, that V6 does sound good!

That's either a testament as to how good Ford is making those new 6's or just a testament as to how bad the LT1's suck

It's just the way of technology. Someday we'll be watching a video of a C6 Z06 (I would have said GT500, but I'd be kidding myself if I thought there were going to be any stock ones left, haha) getting walked by a stock base model Mustang or Camaro and we'll be saying the same thing.

mylilpony71

Established Member

How lt1 suck? your talking about 2 diff car from 2 diff times lt1 have been around putting in work for awhile trust me i own 1 they dont suck as bad as you think

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I owned one too buddy, they suck

And I'll edit this just so I dont sound like an ignorant "dolt" whatever that is... for the time, yes they put in some work. But how can you say "you're comparing 2 different cars here"....uhhh yeah? they raced those 2 different cars.

Last edited:

mylilpony71

Established Member
lol there a pain to work on but when taken care of theyre good cars. im not bashing on you if thats how you feel about it

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That was pretty amazing! That little sixer really rolls out!

I have been, not so secretly, thinking about getting a used one and tracking it with the big boy V8 Brembo brakes, suspension and a nice fat set of light weight 18s on it.

Now imagine that sweet high revving V6 exhaust note causing startled looks on drivers giving a point by.

"Huh? That was a SIX???:dw::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread