Hah! $17,000 For A Paint Job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipergts281

Established Member
For those of you who don't know, Saleen has a color called Beryllium. It is VERY rare. They never released the paint code and so far, as far as I know, no one has ever been able to somehow get their hands on it or come up with their own color that is the same.

I just came across (pic on the internet) this dealer sticker on a 2007 SC-281 with Beryllium paint.

Lower right, next to the signature, they are charging $17,000 for it!! Are they out of their ****ing mind?! Is it me or is 17 grand for a paint job a little much? Then again, it is Saleen.

SaleenPrice.jpg

vipergts281

Established Member
Saleen also has a blue paint that looks incredible. I think it's called something like Seca Blue. I know they have a blue paint available now, but I think it's different than the blue I'm talking about from the 99-04 years. I may be wrong though.

I have pictures of it somewhere. I'll try to find them and post them up.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Eh...it looks pretty cool, but not that cool.
Reminds me of the atomic orange on the newer vettes.

vipergts281

Established Member
Eh...it looks pretty cool, but not that cool.
Reminds me of the atomic orange on the newer vettes.

Yeah, it does look like that a bit. AO appears a little more "burnt", but it's somewhat close.

And I agree, cool, but not that cool. Well, not $17,000 cool.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Way too expensive for my pockets but the market is there for those who want that best of the best. Pictures where as stunning do these paintjobs absolutely no justice. There is so much depth to these paintjobs it's unreal. No where close to comp orange IMO. Other stunning colors as well other than this one.:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread