what would you do....

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
fellas, I'm at a point where I don't know what to do...so I defer to the infinite wisdom of SVTP.

I'm 24. just bought a 10 acre horse ranch last year. I own an 05 F350 dually lariat. I also "co-own" an 08 chevy silverado LTZ with every option you can get (it's a half-ton with the 6.0 max package), a 42 foot 5th wheel race trailer. and of course my 10th anniversary cobra.

I owe about 25 on the silverado still. and have about 12 in a sig loan right now for some small things I bought for the farm. payment left on the farm is about 110k

I have been in iraq since october 2007. little over 2 years straight now. I am a dept of defense employee. I net about 8k every month.

my question is. do I stay for another 6 months and pay the truck off along with the sig loan. or go home and let the payment fun begin?

note: I'm single with no kids so it's not real rough on me being here other than working 7 days a week 14+ hours a day.

what would you do.....

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I'd stay! That pay plus the possibility of knockin out more debt. No question!

But all depends on mentality and whether your ready to be home! Only you yourself can ultimately decide that! my.02

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Stay unless it absolutely kills you..... netting 8 large is no joke and you can knock some of that debt off very quickly. You will be glad it's gone once you get back.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
id say come back and work on your horse ranch, if your 24 and single your probably starving for some action so id come back and enjoy some good young american girls while you can

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I would say stay & knock the debt down. At your age you'll probably be starting a family soon and there is no better, easier time to knock down the debt than where you are right now.

The question for me would be: how much do I hate this job? If you don't hate the job you are doing so much that you hope you wake up sick in the morning, I would say knock out six more months. If you hate is so much you don't mind dealing with the debt, then come back. Sometimes the money isn't worth the job.

But apart from that, if you are ok with the job, six months goes by pretty quick.

Jim Snover

txyaloo

Established Member
Unless you're in a position where you have a high chance of dying in the next six months, I would stay and pay off my debts.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
8k a month? You sir, are a baller. I wouldn't even know what to do with that much money. Stay over there and pay it all off early. Debt sucks.

txyaloo

Established Member
8k a month? You sir, are a baller. I wouldn't even know what to do with that much money. Stay over there and pay it all off early. Debt sucks.

Making less than $100k a year makes someone a baller? I didn't know someone could be even close to a baller making less than six figures.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Making less than $100k a year makes someone a baller? I didn't know someone could be even close to a baller making less than six figures.

Making 8k a month is a shit ton of money for a 24 year old without a wife or kids.

If I had a friend who made 8k a month, I'd prolly suck his or her dick.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

Ha... I was thinking the same thing. 8k/month when you have no expenses is ton of money to be knocking out debt with, but certainly not baller status. If he was a true baller, he wouldn't have any car notes or mortgage. :rockon:

Satyr

Established Member

I agree to an extent....but for that age and being single, that kind of money can go a long way. Plus, since he works for DoD, he had an amazing benefits package with tremendous insurance, as you well know.

Making 8k a month is a shit ton of money for a 24 year old without a wife or kids.

If I had a friend who made 8k a month, I'd prolly suck his or her dick.

lmao...I don't know that I would go that far, but that person would definitely be buying the drinks when we went out.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Stay so you can pay off your bills. Then come home and marry our daughter LOLOL. Boy, she's gonna killl me....

Users who are viewing this thread