Discount for SVT Members

Scott P

Established Member
We here at SMP are very proud to support and sponsor you SVT people. So, we are extending to you a 10% discount on your order from www.specialtymotoring.com. Simply enter the code: svtperformance into the coupon box in your shopping cart. The discount applies even to sale prices! We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.

Don't forget, you can call in with your order as well. We'll make sure you get the right products to meet your needs.

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
AWESOME!!
rags_thank_you.jpg

DonMTV

Established Member
I spoke with Scott earlier in the week about the products to use on my 2003 Redfire Cobra. He was awesome because he took time to go over each step of detailing with me. I had gone through this board and gave him what I came up with and he confirmed what I came up with. I placed an order with him on Monday and it showed up today. The box was full to the brim with all the products that I ordered. Everything was packaged with care and it got to my house FAST from Texas. I am doing the detail job tomorrow and I will probably share the before and after pics.

A HUGE thank you to Scott for his awesome customer service and a big thank you to all that have posted their experiences detailing your cars.

Take care,
Don

Black01Stang

Established Member
Just wanted to thank Scott again for his patinence with me over the phone! I've ordered from you last June I believe. When I ordred I belive he was out of the clearkote wax, and was nice enough to send me a bit in a sample container so that I could go ahead and get my car finished up whenever he was sending everything else, and then of course sent the regular bottle of wax later one when that came in. It's great to have vendors like this that take care of their customers! I'll be coming back again soon to get some microfibers! Thanks!

Donald

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Sounds good scott. Should see my car after useing your waxes and porder cable. :rockon:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Just placed my order over the phone! thanks for the discount!! Hope to be doing business with you again.

VERY good customer service.

Thanks again,
Tony

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Just called SMP, and spoke to Scott... (Awesome guy) and ordered their 'Microfiber starter pack' + a waffle weave towel (love these things) and got nothing but top of the line, excellent customer service. Easy as 1, 2, 3!

This is my second time around with the starter pack. Nice price for the your basic needs.

I highly recommend SMP. Thanks for the 10% off. :beer:

vulk

Established Member
Thanks for your help Scott with all the questions! Oh yea great deal too! I had a quick question too as for the steps for applying..

I got the Optimum Polish, Clearkote compound moose, Clearkote red moose Machine Glaze, and the ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax.

In what order should I apply them? Should I apply them as listed or in a different order? Also, can i use the pads to apply or will there be better results if use the microfiber then follow up with the pads?

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
Compound Moose is a bit more aggressive than Optimum Polish. You always want to take the least aggressive approach first, then go from there. I'd start with Optimum Polish on a White Polishing Pad first and see how well that works. Based on our phone call, that should be sufficient to fix the light car wash induced swirls. If that doesn't work, go to Compound Moose on a White Polishing Pad. You'll always want your last step to be Optimum Polish on a White Polishing Pad.

The Red Moose Machine Glaze would be next applied with a Blue Final Finishing Pad followed by Carnauba Moose Wax by hand with the included foam applicator.

vulk

Established Member
Okay, so from what I understand the polish should be the first and last step?

In order something like this?
Polish
Glaze
Wax
Polish

or should it be just

Polish
Glaze
Wax.

Thanks for the help Scott, Ill be getting the starter pads on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread