Black Magic 2&1 Engine shine

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Was looking for an easy way to clean the motor on my wifes DD and saw this stuff in the store. It had never been cleaned, dirt, grease everywhere. For something you just spray on, let soak for 15 minutes, and hose off I was very impressed with this stuff. No scrubbing at all, even in the areas that were significantly caked up. Everything looks as if I carefully cleaned, and applied armorall to each piece.

I would not throw it on my cobra because almost everything is damn near polished or painted. However, if you have a neglected DD this stuff is great. I was not expecting the results I got so I did not take any pictures before or after. I will be doing the same with my pickup. The pickup is much worse then my wifes Jeep so I will be sure to post before and after picks.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i use Simple Green Max and CD2 Engine Detailer.

Spray motor down with a hose lightly on shower mode. be cautious of stuff like alternators or belts, but its ok if they get slightly wet (water gets into the engine bay when its raining anyways, its not completely sealed). Then spray the engine bay with Simple Green, and use a nylon bristled brush where required. Rinse and repeat if necessary.

Then apply CD2 per directions.

my car went from this:

449b9b89e633f8.jpg

to this:

449d061207e4e3.jpg

in about a half hour flat. Only places i scrubbed were brass bolts and fittings, around the valve cover, and the fuel rail and upper manifold. Its now one of the cleanest engine bays of any local. My old method was a old sock on the hand, and tire shine, and lots of patience. Ill never go back to said method!

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
pics or ban! LOL!

HAHA Yeah....Have not had a drop of nice weather to do this to my truck yet but hopefully this weekend I will. Results were similiar to the above but did not have to scrub a thing. Just spray and hose off. I used the hose at full blast and it was not a problem for the Jeep. Just kept clear of the intake.

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Thats exactly how I do my Cobra... Engine Bright Gel...cover the K&N Filter with a random Walmart or Home Depot plastic shopping bag tied in a knot and hose down on medium spray... EVERYTHING! Then I towel dry and sometime power blower dry and detail.... Yes... Still with the sock and hand mathod...LOL! Im old skool! and O.D.D!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thats exactly how I do my Cobra... Engine Bright Gel...cover the K&N Filter with a random Walmart or Home Depot plastic shopping bag tied in a knot and hose down on medium spray... EVERYTHING! Then I towel dry and sometime power blower dry and detail.... Yes... Still with the sock and hand mathod...LOL! Im old skool! and O.D.D!

lol glad to see i wasnt the only one who used the sock and hand method.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Finally got to do my pickup this weekend. Again - Just sprayed this stuff liberally and hosed off. Used my leaf blower to dry and had to spray wax my fenders. Engine was never cleaned since new, July 2003.

Before:

IMGP2596.jpg

IMGP2592.jpg

IMGP2597.jpg

After:

IMGP2604.jpg

IMGP2603.jpg

IMGP2605.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread