Thinking of widening fr500 wheels

cobra2547

Established Member
I was thinking of getting a set of fr500 wheels widened so I can fit 305/35/18 on the back. Does anyone know some companies that do this also about how much. I don't think anyone sella them widened like alot of other ford mustang wheels.
thanks

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
im thinking about doing the same thing. The 2 places i found i believe were in Michigan (or at least one of them was). I cant remember the company name though. Prices were around $200-$225 per wheel to make the 9in rim into a 10in one. Do a search on google (or similar) and see what you can find...just let the rest of us know

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
so another 800 or so on top of 800-1000 rims to widen them...NO THANK YOU...

id buy a set of CCW's or HRES before i widened a cheap set of rims.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Where'd you get 800 from? :shrug: The only wheels getting widened would be the two rears and according to WS6JJP's info, it'd only be about $400-450 for that. The 10th wheels and FR500s can be found for well under $1k. HRE's are about $4k a set, depending on size. :eek:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
yea i dont know why i thought all 4...sleeping at the wheel!

anyway.

a set of FR500's costs 999.00 + 250.00 per rim to get widened so thats another 450-500 to get them widened...1500.00 approx. after taxes...for another 400-500 couldnt you get a set of CCW's...ok maybe not HRE's LOL

im my mind...if anyone was planning on the cheaper knock off FR500's...they could get them for 500 bucks....why would they then spend another 500 to widen the rims in the rear only???
that sort of defeated the purpose of keeping yourself on a budget and getting cheap wheels.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
thats exactly the ones im going to buy, the replicas. They can be bought for $458 + $75 shipping. This is my only choice since i want the Anthracite ones (dark mineral gray centers) So you're looking at $533 for the rims plus another $400 or so for the widening (a little more shipping too) so all that and you're still probably under $1k......and you have a set of rims that ALOT of people want, in fact if one of these replica wheel places would make this rim in this size they would sell like hotcakes!

The HRE wheels are sweet but paying $4k+ for rims is just plain crazy to me...and the CCW's...well in some pics they look pretty good an in others they look ugly (no offense to anyone who has them)

cobra2547

Established Member
I just read that wheel replicas with be releasing the fr500 in 18x10 in early 2005. This is from a post on the corral.net

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
cobra2547 said:
I just read that wheel replicas with be releasing the fr500 in 18x10 in early 2005. This is from a post on the corral.net

thats awesome...GOOD FIND!!! i guess i better wait to order mine then. I was just getting ready to order a set too. Hey, you wouldnt happen to have the link from corral, would ya? They must have been getting a lot of requests for them

cobra2547

Established Member
I just sent wheel replicas an e-mail so I'll let everyone know what they had to say as soon as they e-mail me back. I did a search on google and found it it didn't go into any detail.

qball

Established Member
cobra2547 said:
I just sent wheel replicas an e-mail so I'll let everyone know what they had to say as soon as they e-mail me back. I did a search on google and found it it didn't go into any detail.

Man, I hope the make these :banana:

18x10.5 Black FR500's woOt

snakeyes

Established Member
cobra2547 said:
I was thinking of getting a set of fr500 wheels widened so I can fit 305/35/18 on the back. Does anyone know some companies that do this also about how much. I don't think anyone sella them widened like alot of other ford mustang wheels.
thanks

This place might be what you are looking for if you want to get them widened.

http://www.internetalternatives.com/wshoppe/pricing.htm

cobra2547

Established Member
Well, Wheel Replicas have not e-mail me back yet so I decided to give them a call. They said it would probably be another 6 month before they are made. I was hoping it would be sooner maybe another company will produce them quicker or just wait for those of us with patience. I have no problem waiting as long as there are not any delays.

cobra2547

Established Member
I found another post on Corral talking about fr500 wheels there are even pictures of the wheels made 18x10 they are a deep dish rim. There is more info on them Jeffo is I guess a rep of wheel replicas. The only problem is if you at the dates they are pretty old and the wheel were suppose to be done a while ago so who knows how much longer it will take. Here is the link hope it works
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=356005&page=2&pp=35

cobra2547

Established Member
Sorry I made a mistake that link brings you to page 2 of the thread remember to go to page 1 to see the wheels
sorry

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
cobra2547 said:
Well, Wheel Replicas have not e-mail me back yet so I decided to give them a call. They said it would probably be another 6 month before they are made. I was hoping it would be sooner maybe another company will produce them quicker or just wait for those of us with patience. I have no problem waiting as long as there are not any delays.

thats weird because i called yesterday and the guy said about 3-4 months max. He also said they already have one prototype rim made and they are just finishing up the mold or something along those lines (i dont remember exactly what he said but i DO remember the 3 to 4 months part)

SVerT

Established Member
From Wheel Replicas.
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=579982

fr50018x10.jpg

davbrucas

Banned
they will be on my car as soon as they are available! :) in black of course..

Users who are viewing this thread