SLP Loudmouth Confusion

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Was looking at the slp website , pricing out the loudmouth cat back , and there is two choices. There is the loudmouth which comes with resonators , but there is also a loudmouth II , which comes with mufflers. Which one is the setup that everyone talks about being the loud as hell set up . I assume it's the one with resonators , any guess ?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The II series are still loud, but not quite as loud. IMO they sound really close to stingers, but not quite as loud. They still make good power.

DannySE99

Established Member
ScareCrow said:
Was looking at the slp website , pricing out the loudmouth cat back , and there is two choices. There is the loudmouth which comes with resonators , but there is also a loudmouth II , which comes with mufflers. Which one is the setup that everyone talks about being the loud as hell set up . I assume it's the one with resonators , any guess ?

The one I just bought was PN# M31006... which is the regular Loud mouth. I posted some pics of it in the Pic and vid buffet. Subject is: My SLP Exhaust.

Danny.

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
SLP are one of my distributors and I have the system on my car as well. The ONLY difference is the #II system is segmented into more sections rather than the Shotgun style resonators being 1 long piece with all the tubing. Eveything is the exact same. They did this so you could customize the system, such as adding shorty X/H pipes or what not.
No differenc at all.
Jay

Mysticobra04

I got the resonators and long tubes and off road x-pipe mine is friggen loud especially when you open it up. i can no longer here the supercharger so i have to keep my eye on the guage.

jackpowell

Established Member
What is the difference bewteen the m31003 and the m31006. I heard the only difference was that the m31006 had a different finish???

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
jackpowell said:
What is the difference bewteen the m31003 and the m31006. I heard the only difference was that the m31006 had a different finish???

No. My above post describes the differences.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
luvgoinfast said:
I got the resonators and long tubes and off road x-pipe mine is friggen loud especially when you open it up. i can no longer here the supercharger so i have to keep my eye on the guage.

Hey I'm looking to get the SLP powerpack for my 04 cobra, do you recommend going this route? you pretty much have the entire pack minus the maf kit. Do you have any vids or sounds of your exhaust? I would love to hear it! BTW is it too loud? I have a vert......I want a loud exhaust but not going to kill me heheh!

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
Hey I'm looking to get the SLP powerpack for my 04 cobra, do you recommend going this route? you pretty much have the entire pack minus the maf kit. Do you have any vids or sounds of your exhaust? I would love to hear it! BTW is it too loud? I have a vert......I want a loud exhaust but not going to kill me heheh!

I have an O/R H Pipe and it is really loud. Now, you can "make" this exhaust be quiet once you learn it and how to drive the car with it. But you can also make it loud as hell. If youre worried about it being too loud, I'd reccomend leaving on some cats. Its still really loud, but a deeper tone. Either way sounds really good. We sell this system so let us know if you need pricing on it, or any other systems you are considering.

Thanks,

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:

SSWWRITE

Established Member
BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE said:
SLP are one of my distributors and I have the system on my car as well. The ONLY difference is the #II system is segmented into more sections rather than the Shotgun style resonators being 1 long piece with all the tubing. Eveything is the exact same. They did this so you could customize the system, such as adding shorty X/H pipes or what not.
No differenc at all.
Jay

I just bought the II's and actually there is a differance. I would think being a distributors you would know the II's are race "mufflers versus the resonates on the I's. I cant wait to get them :pepper: :pepper:

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
SSWWRITE said:
I just bought the II's and actually there is a differance. I would think being a distributors you would know the II's are race "mufflers versus the resonates on the I's. I cant wait to get them :pepper: :pepper:

That is the information I had at the time I wrote the above. I appologize if you found different.

Users who are viewing this thread