TOB replacement.

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
Well I left the aftermarket shifter on and took the snake to Friendly Ford. I told them that there's a chirpping sound under the car, but gos away when I touch the clutch pedal and if they can check it .I told them that I heard a lot of 03/04 cobra owners are having problems with there Throwout Bearing going out.They said it'll take all day to really check it out.So they gave me a Focus for a rental car for one day(no charge).After I get home about 1 1/2 Hours later Ford calls me and said they can't duplicate the problem. :bash: They said that I could come down and try duplicate the chripping sound ( test drive it with the SVT machanic there in the car with me).So I get down there and I take the machanic for a ride and sure enough "NO chirps",why does it always do that when you go to fix something? he said sorry but I don't hear anything.Then I ask him if there was a problem with the T.O.B/Sleeve in the TSB and he said "YES". Then after talking to him for 10 Min.( He owns a 04 SVT Lightning) he said he'll change it out anyways.:pepper: I asked him if he'll change out the T.O.B and the Retainer Sleeve? He said what ever is on the TSB he will change and the warranty will cover it. He said he'll even check out my clutch to see if I need a new one.That just made my day!The Tech name is Frank really cool guy.So my car will be done in about 3 days.Can't wait.

ps.Don't know if telling him about the TSB made him change his mind or what,but I'm glad he did. :beer: :beer:

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Right on, if I were you I would have summit overnight a CFDF clutch and have him put it on... just my .02.

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
good Idea..Bad timing......Both 10 spline and 26 spline are Mfg Backorder...My 26 spline will be drop shipped sometime after April 10.............by the way...best price is www.Summitracing.com around 290...35 for TOB
Get your input shaft here....http://www.libertysgears.com/newreleases.htm

DF800075 - 10 spline PN# DF Clutch Assy.(OEM Factory mate)
DF148075 - 26 spline PN# DF Clutch Assy.(The one Ford Should have used)
N1714 - Throw out Bearing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread