Cobra Brake Upgrade for 04' GT

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Hey all, a few quick questions. I've got an 04' GT that I am converting the front brake system to Cobra upgrade. I have brembo slotted 13 rotors, Cobra calipers, front stainles steel brake lines. Have to get the Cobra caliper mounting brackets yet.

Having problems finding the rear stainless steel brake line, anyone got any direction where I might get one?

Recommendation for brake fluid, DOT 4 or 5? The difference just the boiling point?

Thanks in advance

horseplay01

2001 STEEDA
Established Member
I did the same set up just about on my GT, I just wanted to say make sure you get the Banjo bolts for the Cobra callipers for the brake line. The bolt on the GT caliper will not work. I learned that the hard way. Had everything in place, bolt would not go on and then had to remove everything and wait until the Banjo bolt arrive from Steeda!

SoCalStang

Established Member
horseplay01 said:
I did the same set up just about on my GT, I just wanted to say make sure you get the Banjo bolts for the Cobra callipers for the brake line. The bolt on the GT caliper will not work. I learned that the hard way. Had everything in place, bolt would not go on and then had to remove everything and wait until the Banjo bolt arrive from Steeda!

I've heard that before, what's the banjo bolt? Also are the bullit breaks a better fit for the GT's? They are the same breaks as the cobra, aren't they? :shrug:

horseplay01

2001 STEEDA
Established Member
SoCalStang said:
I've heard that before, what's the banjo bolt? Also are the bullit breaks a better fit for the GT's? They are the same breaks as the cobra, aren't they? :shrug:

The Bullitt, Cobra, and Mach 1 brakes are all the same. These are the proper coarse threaded banjo bolts and copper washers for the installation of Ford Racing M-2320-A, M-2320-AF and 03-04 Cobra/Mach 1 calipers. Will not work with 94-01 Cobra calipers.

bolts.jpg

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
whats the part # for the copper washers? would you guys think that ford would have them? i need these

Users who are viewing this thread