..:: 14.2 @ 131.9 Cobra Video!!!! ::..

TheSVTKid

Established Member
READ THE FULL STORY...THEN WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM:

OK, so after I got back from the King of the Street Shootout,
I was itching to get back on the track and try my car out some more.

(Before the King of the Street, I hadn't been on a drag track since I was like 20 )

So I decided to drive to my local track, and see what the Cobra could do on some 275 Nitto Drag Radials......

I want to thank the fine men and women at NITTO Tire.

For making a 275 drag radial

So I jumped in my Car
Popped in a CD
Drove to the track
Waited the 1 hour and 16min. in Line
Got to the line
Heated the Nittos up a little bit.
Pulled up to the light
No trans brake, no High RPM stall. Just brought it up to like 1100rpm

Light turns green
Rolled onto the gas about 1/2 way in first gear.
Clicked it into 2nd, and let the hammer down
The nittos held the power.

And after clicking 3rd gear it was over.

It netted a 10.94@130

Got my slip, and was kindly asked to never ever do that again, with out a cage or fire suit. I was asked how fast I could go... and he said 11.49

So I let the car cool a little bit, while I watched other KCSR people make there runs of the night.

Got back in line.... and told myself not to run a 11.49 or quicker.

So I took the green and ran a...........

[email protected]

Picked up my time slip,
Got back in the car.... turned up the stereo.....

And drove home.

Thats the story of the "Dyno Queen" for tonight.
Thanks Clint, Josh, Lil Dee, Greg, and Todd's support tonight. It felt great to be around good friends at the track.
EA

PS: Still on the STOCK manifolds, a $80 Ebay 2.5" H-pipe, and tommys used magna flow mufflers. STOCK heads and cam and intake!!! NO transbrake, and NO LOCKED CONVERTER. !

PSS: I can't wait to lock the converter once i get it wired up.

HERE IS THE VIDEO:
http://www.amaterial.org/kcgeek/20051007_KCIR/20051007_EA_14_2_131.wmv

2stangBK

Established Member
Nice work, 1 potato! 2 potato! Ok I'll go now! Hilarious! Glad you posted actually, was looking for info on your headlights and saw your car on the ProCharger website. Care to share which lights you have? Thanks,
BK

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
That's awesome! One hell of a beast :rockon: you got there. I like that start, priceless. :thumbsup: I bet the guy in the honda was like, I got him, I got him, _uck no I don't! :burnout: I was about to call BS on the 275mm tire bit, but you made a believer out of me! GOOD STUFF! :bowdown: :pop: :beer:

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Let see...

Headlights are the dark smoked ones you can get from UPR. Great looking, just don't plan on driving at night... PERIOD. Or put some HID's in them.

The Honda Driver was a Girl actually...In the pits she was like, "I thought I had you.... then WHoosh, you flew by me" I knew I wouldn't get kicked out, as long as we crossed the line at the same time :)

As for the 275 Drag Radial..... Yup thats all they are. I have been very impressed how well they hook. But I haven't tryed to really launch with any RPM yet or anything, so we will see. But just the fact that I can floor it in 2nd gear is pretty nice. :)

Thanks for checking it out all!!!
EA

TheSVTKid

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
sick car!! i have that vid of u stopin in the street and doin that burnout1! i love ur car :banana:

LOL, that was when I was at the "Players Run" as they stopped in town. I decided to show the Exotics what a little Cobra Could do.... :)

It made WAY more power back then.... that day it was making about 725rwhp give or take. :) But it had issues eating trannys :) I wouldn't know why...considereing that was a 3rd gear burn out. :)

EA

DocHolliday01

Established Member
damn Eric i was hoping you would have your car at Fuel last month in kc. i was looking forward to seeing/hearing it in person. beautiful car you have there. probably one of the most well put together cars i have ever seen. nice job man.

TheSVTKid

Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:
damn Eric i was hoping you would have your car at Fuel last month in kc. i was looking forward to seeing/hearing it in person. beautiful car you have there. probably one of the most well put together cars i have ever seen. nice job man.

Funny thing was I was putting the car TOGETHER for the KOTS event, as you all were up there. :) I would have loved to gone.....but I had to get all the new goodies up front on them motor.

New radiator, and fan set up
New mounting for the MSD stuff
Went back to the Stock waterpump
New 8 Rib ProCharger Bracket (Got rid of the Cog)
And make all the polished stuff Satin.

I will make it there again, I promise!
EA

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
your car was in mm & ff earlier this year. i thought that it looked familiar. love the look of your car man, engine pics in the article absolutely gorgeous.
vid was funny too.

Almo

Established Member
Bla hahaha, before I watched the vid I knew exactly what you did looking at your ET and MPH, jump the light and hit the brake. Hahaha. :banana: That is too funny. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Stealth man, car doesn't have much to the outside nor is it loud as hell. Runs like a goddamn beast though. So tell me, did you still beat the VTAK @14.2s lol. Thats hilarious if you did. ROFL. Nice car man. JLP

PoisonSnake

Banned
How do you get a high MPH but a low ET? I've always wondered that. I want to try to get a slow ET but a high MPH sometime lol.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
you are running an F1 procharger aren't you?? damn i remember the burnout video you posted a while back. that was the ideal whine for a blower. badass car man.

Users who are viewing this thread