3 New Best 1/4-mile Runs Yesterday!

Angus

Established Member
Density Altitude was a little better than Saturday to start out but eventually ended-up worse due to the temperature being higher than expected.
(I got quite the sunburn too - sun NEVER stopped shining after noon or so... :fm: )

I started out with exactly the same suspension settings (with the exception of the upper control arms which I lengthened 2 full turns), slick psi, etc as yesterday and then experimented on the other two runs I had (the track was PACKED!).

I ended-up running the following times, listed from worst to best:

60'...............1.571
330'.............4.819
1/8..............7.514
1/8 trap......91.27
1000'...........9.833
1/4............11.783
1/4 trap....114.75

(DA for that run was 913 ft.)
I outran a pullied/bolt-on '04 Cobra on ET Streets that time :coolman:
He ran a 11.897 @ 116.60 mph. I treed him, out 60-footed him & he couldn't catch-up before the finish line. Cool guy though & a good sport about getting beat.

60'...............1.547
330'.............4.799
1/8..............7.500
1/8 trap......90.89
1000'...........9.818
1/4............11.771
1/4 trap....115.65

(DA for that run was 374 ft.)

60'...............1.567
330'.............4.795
1/8..............7.490
1/8 trap......91.09
1000'...........9.809
1/4............11.763
1/4 trap....115.63

(DA for that run was 680 ft.)

I feel I could have run a high 11.6 or very low 11.7X with a few more passes & different shift rpm's. Three whole runs really wasn't enough to get the everything "Fine-Tuned".

There's always next weekend though... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Venimus03

Established Member
Nice times man, pretty damn consistent. Just get that jug on and you should be able to see a 10sec pass :rockon:. You ran the Yellow Cobra right? He goes by the name of 04yellowcobra on here. I think that was his first time to the track with the ET streets........BTW I was the guy in the silver 03 Cobra.

mkb116

Established Member
Alright, I need some details! What mods do you have both suspension and motor. I am aware you are running the stock long block. Any weight reduction? The reason I ask is that my goal is to hit mid 11's in my GT (with the mach motor) off the bottle. I am the guy with the fully built 12 to 1 compression mach motor. I have no idea what I am gonna hit after the motor is done and I really want to hit mid 11's after some long tubes cams, weight reduction, and suspension.

Angus

Established Member
Venimus03 said:
Nice times man, pretty damn consistent. Just get that jug on and you should be able to see a 10sec pass :rockon:. You ran the Yellow Cobra right? He goes by the name of 04yellowcobra on here. I think that was his first time to the track with the ET streets........BTW I was the guy in the silver 03 Cobra.

Thanks Venimus03. :coolman:

I hoped at least one of you Cobra guys would be on here & see my post.

Did I get 04yellowcobra's mods correct? I didn't want to post his mods at 1st but I did briefly speak with him so I thought I remembered his mods correctly.

His '04 is certainly faster than my Mach with the right driving (his trap speed shows that) - he just needs more practice at the track.

Great close run BTW - it's much more fun that way IMHO! :thumbsup:

Also, I do have a brand-new NX wet kit with all the safety goodies sitting in my garage awaiting install/tuning.
My plan was to install it, do some testing with a 50-shot then bump it up to a 100-shot for (hopefully) a 10-second pass.

I'm having so much fun running the car N/A though that I may just hold-off for a little while longer... ;-)

Angus

Established Member
Matt@MSX said:
Alright, I need some details! What mods do you have both suspension and motor. I am aware you are running the stock long block. Any weight reduction? The reason I ask is that my goal is to hit mid 11's in my GT (with the mach motor) off the bottle. I am the guy with the fully built 12 to 1 compression mach motor. I have no idea what I am gonna hit after the motor is done and I really want to hit mid 11's after some long tubes cams, weight reduction, and suspension.

My mods are:

CAI, full exhaust with long-tubes, ported Mach 1 lower intake, electric water pump, front & rear suspension, weight reduction, gears, slicks & skinnies.

Motor is still 100% stock internally - bolt-ons only.

You shouldn't have any trouble running mid-11's with a well-thought-out suspension, slicks & the built Mach motor.

I'm almost there with no cams, headwork or compression increase.

COBRABRAD

Established Member
Angus66 said:
My mods are:

CAI, full exhaust with long-tubes, ported Mach 1 lower intake, electric water pump, front & rear suspension, weight reduction, gears, slicks & skinnies.

Motor is still 100% stock internally - bolt-ons only.

You shouldn't have any trouble running mid-11's with a well-thought-out suspension, slicks & the built Mach motor.

I'm almost there with no cams, headwork or compression increase.
What gears do you have and what have you done for weight reduction?

Angus

Established Member
COBRABRAD said:
What gears do you have and what have you done for weight reduction?

I have 4.30 gears.

Weight reduction is typical stuff - no spare/jack, light-weight driver seat, no passenger seat, rear-seat delete, light-weight battery, tubular front suspension, no front sway bar, drag wheels & tires, etc,...

I still have the complete A/C, power steering, wiper motor, bumper supports, etc,.. in the car

COBRABRAD

Established Member
Angus66 said:
I have 4.30 gears.

Weight reduction is typical stuff - no spare/jack, light-weight driver seat, no passenger seat, rear-seat delete, light-weight battery, tubular front suspension, no front sway bar, drag wheels & tires, etc,...

I still have the complete A/C, power steering, wiper motor, bumper supports, etc,.. in the car
Thanks; those runs are incredible.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Matt@MSX said:

Another guy with a Mach motored GT! :beer:

I have only ran a 12.9 at 108 with my setup (1.89 60) I wonder what I am doing wrong? Geez those are fast numbers. Good job man!!

Angus

Established Member
dan03mach said:
Good runs Angus.. Do you have a two step? What are your launch RPM'S?

Yes I have an SCT two-step.

I have (2) launch rpm's available currently in my flip-chip two-step:

6800 & 6900 rpm

Unfortunately, they're both too low with my current gearing & aluminum flywheel. :cuss:

Time for 4.56's + 7000 rpm launches... ;-)

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Angus66 said:
Yes I have an SCT two-step.

I have (2) launch rpm's available currently in my flip-chip two-step:

6800 & 6900 rpm

Unfortunately, they're both too low with my current gearing & aluminum flywheel. :cuss:

Time for 4.56's + 7000 rpm launches... ;-)
I don't think you should be having any problems launching at that high with the aluminum flywheel.. You might be launching too high really.. I have an aluminum flywheel, d/s, and 4.10 gear with ET Drags and I'm launching at around 5500-6000 rpms and cutting 1.56 60fts N/A.. Tire pressure at 12.5psi.. I am also preloading the rearend some by pulling back on the clutch till you feel the driveline move and put a small load on the rearend. I haven't had any issues with bogging since I have been doing this.. Good luck..

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
This is a good thread. Was it my imagination or does your track run downhill (negative slope?)

Good kill - give us some more vids.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
SVTkel said:
This is a good thread. Was it my imagination or does your track run downhill (negative slope?)

Good kill - give us some more vids.
Thats just the camera angle and the up hill look from the shut down area that makes it look down hill.. Just an Optical Elusion ..

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
32V GT said:

I have only ran a 12.9 at 108 with my setup (1.89 60) I wonder what I am doing wrong? Geez those are fast numbers. Good job man!!

How much would it cost to swap a Mach 1 motor in?

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
How much would it cost to swap a Mach 1 motor in?
probably cheaper to swap out your shortblock and do your heads...I am thinking of the same thing for my 03 GT...

mkb116

Established Member
32V GT said:

Yeah, but I don't have some Mach 1 crate motor... Mine is very internally modded.

Users who are viewing this thread