2000 R Parts Needed

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
I have #135/300 2000 Cobra R....Need some stock valve stems/and or caps that came with car....Also, am looking to reproduce the seat cushon tags (paper) that came attached to the plastic wrapper covering the passenger and driver seat....I will need to borrow the paper tags to reproduce...These tags were attached with masking tape to seat cushion....If any one out there needs any tags reproduced, let me know......Also, I will be reproducing the belt routing decal on the radiator shield for the 95R, and also, the original oem battery decals BK 58 on all of the 93-2000 Cobras, both R and non-R...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
......Also, I will be reproducing the belt routing decal on the radiator shield for the 95R, and also, the original oem battery decals BK 58 on all of the 93-2000 Cobras, both R and non-R...

Beside the BX 58C which is correct for the 95R and Cobra, will you be reproducing the 93R and 00R battery decals which are not BX 58C?

R

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Robert M said:
Beside the BX 58C which is correct for the 95R and Cobra, will you be reproducing the 93R and 00R battery decals which are not BX 58C?

R

The BXT 58 is the battery I believe for the 93 Cobra, 93CobraR, 2000 Cobra R.....Guys, out there who have the original batteries, check back and let us know if these numbers are correct.....We may need to pull some labels for the 95R if they are not BXT 58's.............

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
My original 95R battery has a BX-58C on the label. I believe my 93R is a 59 series. There are two variations in original caps found on the 93R and 95R's, some original assy. line Motorcraft batteries, had "MOTORCRAFT" molded on the caps themselves, others had caps that had no Motorcraft, or any other print.The correct caps are a "hard part" to find as the spacing between six cell holes is not the same between the different series batteries.

The only time I have seen a BXT 58 in a 95R is when the original Motorcraft (black and white labeled) assy. line battery has been replaced with a red, white and black labeled Motorcraft replacement battery from the Ford parts dept. This Ford replacement also has a Motorcraft sticker on one side (I believe) instead of "Motorcraft" molded letters like teh original battery. The BXT 58 is listed as the correct replacement, however this replacement BXT 58 does not at all look like the original BX-58C that came in my 95 2-Top and 95R, or the original batteries that came in the 93 and 00R's.

Possibly there was a BXT 58 assembly line battery also? If original (assy. line), it should have "MOTORCRAFT" molded in the side of the battery case in large letters and have two stickers on the top, one with the battery series and other info., as well as a "caution/warning" sticker and the recycle info. These stickers would be black with white print. These would also be the batteries that either came with caps that said "MOTORCRAFT" or were blank with no info. printed on them. The "MOTORCRAFT" caps are slender, tall and are 2-piece, the blank caps are more flat and wider. I have both on original BX-58C's. I have also seen both on the 59 series as used in the 93R.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
For those who are looking for a "close to correct" battery for their 93 Cobra or 93R, the 03/04 Cobra, Ranger and some other Ford vehicles came with a "close to correct" 59 series battery. It is a very good start. The "series" label is on the top, however, the warning info. is printed in the caps so this battery does not have a second sticker on the top like the originals had. These batteries do have the "MOTORCRAFT" lettering molded in the sides of their case, unlike the Motorcraft replacement. Like I had mentioned above, the "correct caps" are the hard parts to find.

I do not know of any vehicle that has come with the BX-58C in recent years.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert M said:
Possibly there was a BXT 58 assembly line battery also? If original (assy. line), it should have "MOTORCRAFT" molded in the side of the battery case in large letters and have two stickers on the top, one with the battery series and other info., as well as a "caution/warning" sticker and the recycle info. These stickers would be black with white print. These would also be the batteries that either came with caps that said "MOTORCRAFT" or were blank with no info. printed on them. The "MOTORCRAFT" caps are slender, tall and are 2-piece, the blank caps are more flat and wider. I have both on original BX-58C's. I have also seen both on the 59 series as used in the 93R.
R

After looking at my 2000R, it does have a BXT-58. The caps are flat with no info. This BXT-58 is like the earlier Cobra R batteries with two information labels on the top.

This makes three different battery sizes used in the Cobra R's. The BXT-58 with the red, white and black label is listed in the Ford parts book as the replacement for all three years, however, they also told me that Ford does not make replacements for each and every original size. They said that a "consolidation" of battery sizes is quite common when comparing what came down the assy. line and what is the replacement.

I have added a picture of my 2000R original battery with its battery blanket to the link in the previous post.

What original battery sizes do other R owners have on this forum? This would be "known to be original" to that car, the battery that came down the assy. line with the car.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Sandy - I have sent a reply to your email and once again received a bounce back:

The original message was received at Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:21:41 -0400 (EDT) from vms046pub.verizon.net [206.46.252.46]

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <[email protected]>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to air-yj04.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
550 <[email protected]>... User unknown

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have found three articles "from the day" which feature the 95R and show the left front corner of the engine compartment. The battery info. is very hard to read but with a magnifying glass I can tell that there are 2 digits, a space, and then three digits with a "C" on the end in the battery series area of the sticker. This leads me to believe that the number on the battery in these "new when tested" articles on the 95R is a BX-58C. These magazines are Car Craft May 1995 Page 102 at the top, Motor Trend April 1995 page 88 center of page and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Sept. 1995 page 48 at the top. Most of my 95R engine compartment shots do not include the battery corner, these three articles do.

R

Last edited:

jv84venom

Established Member
I'm looking for some original fuel that would have been in the gas tank from the factory !! :shrug:

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
Don't suppose you could take a pic of the Brake Master Cylinder for me .. I recently installed a 5.4L after my stock 4.6L let go last fall .. and need to locate a part or part number for the "relocation" mount or kit.

Tim

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
jv84venom said:
I'm looking for some original fuel that would have been in the gas tank from the factory !! :shrug:

I would guess that if the original fuel would make the difference between MCA Gold and MCA Silver, there would be a reproduction of it also (including smell), but since the fuel is not readily noticable to be "correct" or "incorrect" when viewed by an MCA judge, it probably will be overlooked and not be a factor, batteries on the other hand...................... stick out like a sore thumb to the people who are "in the know" and are choosing between your car which is 100%, and the guy next to you who has the Interstate battery. It can make all of the difference in the world if the "car show" is your thing. I like the vintage muscle Mustangs with Mopar or Delco batteries under the hood next to a concours restored engine compartment. I guess that is an "extra attention to detail" item.

Yes, a correct Ford replacement battery for the car is counted as "correct" as far as I know by the MCA, but if "correct original" and "correct replacment" are the differences between two "like cars" (and between Cobra R's there can very easily be "like cars"), well? Will the car start with the original?, most likely not, but I have never been asked to start my car by an MCA judge.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
99SVT3753 said:
Don't suppose you could take a pic of the Brake Master Cylinder for me .. I recently installed a 5.4L after my stock 4.6L let go last fall .. and need to locate a part or part number for the "relocation" mount or kit.

Tim

Tim - You are interested in good pictures specifically of the 2000 Cobra R master cylinder and its mounting?

Email me at:

[email protected]

I will see if I can get the info. you need.

R

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
I am from Los Angeles.......

jv84venom said:
You sure you're not from San Francisco ??????

Lighten up !!!!

Not with all the gas around here........Anyway you wanted to know about original gas, I gave you the proper instructions to find out..........Lighten up, but be very careful..............You know the old saying in case of an Atomic Bomb blast....bendover and>>>>>

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
jv84venom said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

good one joe!

Users who are viewing this thread