First trip to road course tomorrow

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Doing my first road course tomorrow. It's Hallett Motor Circuit near Tulsa, OK which is about an hour and a half from OKC where I live. $95 for five 15 minute sessions sounds like a good deal to me. I'll report how it went tomorrow night. :coolman: http://www.hallettracing.net/

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Sounds like fun, good luck!

Oh yeah, don't forget to run a little extra oil!

Last edited:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Good luck man, and give it hell. Be ready to do alot of shifting to keep the car in the powerband coming off the corners and down the straights. I was all cocky when I went to VIR because I thought the 4:10s would be plenty of gear for the low end grunt I needed to stay with the lighter and lower powered cars off the corners....god how I was wrong. I basically lost every spot in the corners that I would gain on the straights. But that was my first ever attempt at road tracking it, not mention the car was not even lowered at that point. Talk about feelin like a dump truck racin with a bunch of go karts.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Well I only got in 3 sessions as I had a near 2 hour drive home and had to be back by 5-5:30. Dang those Mazda Miatas!!! No matter how much I pulled away in the straights, they'd be all over my tail in the turns. I eventually had to let them pass! I was able to stay ahead of the BMW M3 and an Audi of some sort. Check out the cars that were in my group...Ford GT, Porche 911, 2006 Z06, & a 1950lb. Lotus. Those guys lapped me during the first session. LOL Well anyway it was alot of fun. The buddy I went with spun out and hit the tire wall. It bent in his front fender and door real good on his 91 GT. Funny thing is that he's been going there for years. He was trying to keep up with a blown Miata! There was a Ferrari 360 in the other group and a few other cool cars.

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
was this ur first time at a road course? i remember i had a similar experience the first time in my saleen. Eventually, i got down heel toe shifting for corners and kept up with all of em. How'd ur suspension hold up? Mine are the stock racecraft shocks and struts from saleen, so i faired pretty well.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Jettsaleen281 said:
was this ur first time at a road course? i remember i had a similar experience the first time in my saleen. Eventually, i got down heel toe shifting for corners and kept up with all of em. How'd ur suspension hold up? Mine are the stock racecraft shocks and struts from saleen, so i faired pretty well.
It was my first time. I think my front tires (BFG Comp T/A's) were my weakest link today. The brakes did fade a little when I pushed them real hard the last two sessions. 3365 plus my 200 pounds is alot to stop! I sure would like to take about 100 pounds off the front but the battery is all I can really afford right now. I'm considering taking my fog lights out and putting duct work there to cool the rotors. I know the 94 Mustangs had somewhat functional vents in front of the rear tires, then they closed them up in '95. I wonder if you can still buy the open ones? The suspension did real well. I would like to lower the front another 1/4 inch, but would have to remove the polyurethane spring isolators to accomplish that on the Tokico springs. I think the stock rubber isolators will give too much under hard cornering.

Users who are viewing this thread