FS/WTT: 2003 Cobra, Kenne Bell, Viper T56

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Well, I've finally talked myself into it. Or out of it I guess? I've decided I need a truck more than a muscle car, so I'm selling my Cobra in favor of a Lightning. Here's the rundown:

2003 Cobra
22k miles
Garage kept, non smoker
Exterior is in good shape. There are some nicks and scratchs from normal wear. The interior is in excellent condition.

Engine:
  • 2.2L Kenne Bell
  • LDC cooling mod - This creates a direct flow path of coolant through the driver's side head, where it normally dead ends. If left unfixed, the dead end causes excess heat and damage to the #7 and #8 pistons. It isn't found on many Cobras due to the difficulty of install.
  • Metco idler
  • LFP heat exchanger
  • Accufab throttle body
  • C&L MAF
  • MAF Xtender
  • Safe SCT tune from Jerry Wroblewski himself
Driveline:
  • Viper T56 transmission - not only is it stronger than factory, but it has taller 5th and 6th gears. 80 mph is ~1900 rpm, and the KB gives the car enough low end torque to run 55 mph @ 1300 rpm. The car gets damn near 25 mpg on the highway.
  • New Centerforce DFX clutch (~1000 miles)
  • New Fidanza flywheel
  • Steeda tri-ax shifter
  • Solid axle swap
  • 3.73 gears
  • Hotchkis adjustable upper control arms
  • Maximum Motorsports adjustable lower control arms
  • Moser axles
  • Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors
  • 17x10.5 OEM replica rear wheels
Exhaust:
  • Mac 2.5" ProChamber
  • Mac 3" catback. This needs work. The 3" catback fits loosely on the 2.5" ProChamber.
Other stuff:
  • 4 brand new tires: Kumho Ecsta ASX on the front and Nitto 555 DR on the rear
  • XM Radio
  • Amazing professional detail
  • SCT Xcalibrator 2 flash tuner and data logger.

The KB is currently only pullied for 15 lbs of boost. I've intentionally resisted the urge to step up to more boost while I've upgraded the cooling system. The car made 520 rwhp with the belt slipping last time I dynoed it. Tim at MPH thinks it would make about 550 with the same diameter pulley if I went with a Reichard racing unit to fix the belt slip. As with any KB Cobra, it's just a pulley swap and some 60# injectors away from 600 rwhp and 600 rwtq without any further fuel system upgrades.

Blue book value on the car (even using only "Good" condition) is $24,190 and the KB alone would cost another 6 grand if you were trying to build this car (nevermind all the rest of the stuff), so I figure $30k is a fair price.

I'm also interested in getting a Lightning in trade as long as I get enough cash to pay off my loan.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Hey BackinablackL, I tried to send you a PM, but the board is giving me an error message.

"BackinablackL has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

PM me your email address, and we'll talk turkey.

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
left a message on the Lightnings for sale link. Either way, have a 03 DSG basic bolt ons, hitch, tonneua cover, 400rwhp 500rwtq 32k miles. Shoot me an email if interested. Jim [email protected] :rolling:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
That sure is a clean Cobra,i've been thinking about getting one. But i'm not sure about Black, it's Beautiful when it's clean, but it's hard to keep it that way.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
72 fastback said:
everytime i tell myself no more black cars then this happens.awesome ride.

Yeah, I told myself the same thing right before I bought this car. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread