1/2 mile race between a C5 Vette & Evo

bluestreak89

Established Member
I saw some smoke from the vette's tires which looked like way too much smoke to call your self racing. Even if you spin a little you dont have a cloud that big. Were the cars modded. I dont believe the vette was racing at all.

You would have to have the reaction time of a dead person to get left by that much in a half mile.

Last edited:

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
Yeah, and the "bolt on Evo vs Bolt on c5" could mean just about anything. The vette might just have an upgraded CAI while the Mitsu has that plus ECU and a better downpipe. Definate ownage for sure though.

bluestreak89

Established Member
LOL the flag guy ran all the way off the road before the vette left the line:sleeping: , he probably could have run in front of the vette to exit and done so safely.

In fact he could have put at least 1.5 to 2 carlenghts on the vette running.:lol:

SillyCobra

Established Member
It was a 1/2 mile race for money. After the race the owner of the C5 said he was on it the entire time but was "fishtailing" a lot off the line. He was on regular street tires and launched it at 4,000rpms. :shrug:

Evo has most of the bolt ons including a flash, intake, exhaust cutout, cams, etc. Still has a stock turbo and runs on pump gas without alcohol injection.

The owner of the C5 had at least an intake and exhaust.

That's about all the info I have for ya guys. They wanted to do it double for nothing from a roll this time but we had problems getting it off due to the 5.0's.

SillyCobra

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I saw some smoke from the vette's tires which looked like way too much smoke to call your self racing. Even if you spin a little you dont have a cloud that big. Were the cars modded. I dont believe the vette was racing at all.

You would have to have the reaction time of a dead person to get left by that much in a half mile.
He launched it way too hard and then stayed in it as it spun. Oh well.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
"bolt-on EVO vs Bolt-on C5" HAHA! I guess that C5 has a Cam, supporting mods, and is gutted like that EVO. Nice vid, (I guess) where are the videos of this guy racing someone that can actually drive?? A close race?

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
im not makin excuses for the vette but that guy should get some tire... who races for cash on DailyDriver tires? 4k rpm clutch dumps dont win races with his setup :D

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If that was a track that C5 would have run a 16 by the 1320 mark on a good night. I'm having trouble believing this C5 was even racing, are you sure he wasn't doing a burnout to warm up his tires? :lol1:

SillyCobra

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
If that was a track that C5 would have run a 16 by the 1320 mark on a good night. I'm having trouble believing this C5 was even racing, are you sure he wasn't doing a burnout to warm up his tires? :lol1:
He was definitely racing. Afterwards people asked why he didn't wanna do a burnout to heat up his tires and he just shrugged.

The Evo has lost a handful of races in the last year including one to a Z06 and another to a Talon. Do a search on my username and you should be able to find them. I post most of the vids on this site.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Shit happens I guess. I have witnessed otherwise though. My g/f's bro has ( well had before he totalled it) an evo with full exhaust, IC, HKS 272 cams, etc... stock turbo no meth tuned by Turbotrix in NJ. Put down 321awhp and 300 tq or s0. My car dynoed 317/330 stock. All it had when I raced him was a lid and catback. From a 70 roll I pulled half a car right off the bat and held it until mid top of 5th where I began to pull more. If that vette has any mods at all I dont know how he could not catch him in a 1/2 mile race. I am only speaking from firsthand experience but anything can happen on the street obviously. :shrug:

Machinator

Banned
SillyCobra said:
It was a 1/2 mile race for money. After the race the owner of the C5 said he was on it the entire time but was "fishtailing" a lot off the line. He was on regular street tires and launched it at 4,000rpms. :shrug:

Evo has most of the bolt ons including a flash, intake, exhaust cutout, cams, etc. Still has a stock turbo and runs on pump gas without alcohol injection.

The owner of the C5 had at least an intake and exhaust.

That's about all the info I have for ya guys. They wanted to do it double for nothing from a roll this time but we had problems getting it off due to the 5.0's.

Its still just a souped up weedeater.

1.8t

Established Member
big reg said:
Shit happens I guess. I have witnessed otherwise though. My g/f's bro has ( well had before he totalled it) an evo with full exhaust, IC, HKS 272 cams, etc... stock turbo no meth tuned by Turbotrix in NJ. Put down 321awhp and 300 tq or s0. My car dynoed 317/330 stock. All it had when I raced him was a lid and catback. From a 70 roll I pulled half a car right off the bat and held it until mid top of 5th where I began to pull more. If that vette has any mods at all I dont know how he could not catch him in a 1/2 mile race. I am only speaking from firsthand experience but anything can happen on the street obviously. :shrug:

Thats weak for those mods.......bigtime. I have all that MINUS an aftermarket IC while using only 264 I/E camshafts, and I ran the time in my sig in the summer. I should beat that by a large margin this winter and I expect my trap increase a large amount as well due to the horrible way my stock IC handles this Alabama heat.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
NTIMD8 said:
Nice race.

PS, Cams are not a bolt on mod.

:D , I said the same thing before..For this very reason too...It's funny these cars are both considered "bolt-on cars" in the video even though the EVO has 3X as many mods and is gutted. It's all for bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread