Amazon tuning day in Austin, TX - March 17th

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I have been working with Linn @ Amazon and a new local speed shop, Texas Motorsports, on setting up a tuning day. Mike @ TMI is letting us use his facility and Mustang dyno for this event so big thanks goes out to him. Rick @ Amazon has a well known reputation in tuning on the 03-04 Mustang Cobras but can also tune pretty much anything Ford and GM including gas and diesel trucks. If you have any questions specific to tuning your setup, contact info for Rick can be found on thier webpage (click here).

The date: March 17, 2006

The place: Texas Motorsports (click here for address)

The fees:
Tune - $125 (only applies if you are not a current Amazon customer); $399 will get you the tune plus SCT or Diablosport tuning device if you don't already have one.
Dyno tune fee - $150 regardless of time it takes to tune
Dyno rental fee - $400/day to be split up amongst participants.
Travel expenses - To be split up amongst participants. This will vary depending on plane tickets and hotel. More info on this later.

Depending on response, this could be a one or two day event. For one day, we need 8-10 participants and for a two day event, we need about 15. The cut-off date for signing up will be Monday, February 26th. If we have enough people to go forward, you will then need to contact Linn @ Amazon to pay your fees to reserve a spot on the list. This will be done on a first come, first serve basis.

Open spots :
1. Hmbre97
2. BLON 4.6
3. 89lxcoupe351w
4. 331power
5. spinscan

Maybes:
1. God Magnus
2. Chris

I have posted this on a few other forums so I will update it each evening with who has what spot according to when they posted.

Last edited:

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I'm kinda confused on the fees. If I have a Predator and I want a custom tune for my car and I want it fine tuned on the dyno to get the A/F correct, what will be my cost? I take it the dyno rental and trtavel expenses will be added up, divided up by the number of people and added to the base fee.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
everyone pays the $150 tuning fee whether you are an Amazon customer or not.this is a flat rate no matter how long Rick works with your vehicle.Normally it is by the hour

if you are already an Amazon customer then you do not have to pay for a program..if not then there is a $125 program fee to have one of Ricks programs

travel expenses are divided between the # of participants

dyno time price is set by the dyno shop and divided by # of participants and each person pays depending on how many hours they are on the dyno.

if you need a Diabloport Preditor or SCT XCAL2 we sell those for $399 with a free customr program and lifetime revisions for as long as you own the car no matter what you add with the exception of NOS

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
One thing Linn recommended that I forgot to post up in the original post is getting the base tune from Rick ahead of time. That way you'll have something safe to run until he can fine tune it on the dyno plus it saves him time as well.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Ok Linn, one more dumb a$$ question, I promise. When you say an Amazon customer, are you referring to people who have bought products from you or people who have bought tunes?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
got you on the list. We need at least 4 more people to make this happen. I can't believe more people haven't jumped on this.

TNslobra

Established Member
Why don't you do it in houston? Texas 2k7 is going on in Houston from march 15-18. I bet you would have a lot of people, because that event is huge!

1bad03snake