Possibly a fix to the "Soft Pedal Feel"

I'D WIN

Established Member
When I switched everything over to SS braided lines and Super Blue DOT4 fluids, it corrected that soft feel.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Flush/bleed the brake system every 6 months to 1 year also, this will preserve components as well as performance. I still need to replace the rear lines on mine, braided lines are the shiznit!

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
braided lines and bleeding the system helps, but even with my moster front and rear brakes the pedal is still a little soft for my liking.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
where are you guys buying your braided lines for the front and rear?
I coulda swore there was only a kit for the front of our trucks...but i could be dead wrong

I'D WIN

Established Member
Russell makes a complete kit. Contact chris, he might be able to get it for you.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
The Russel kit only has front lines and the rear line from the frame to the distribution block on the axel. The rear caliper lines aren't included. The is a kit that does I believe but I don't remember who, someone else will have to chime in for that I guess.

I'D WIN

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
The Russel kit only has front lines and the rear line from the frame to the distribution block on the axel. The rear caliper lines aren't included. The is a kit that does I believe but I don't remember who, someone else will have to chime in for that I guess.

Negative. The Russell Kit is complete with front and rear caliper lines as well as the center line for the rear distribution block.

I know in the beginning, they only offered a 3 piece set but I believe they still offer both now.

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
I bought my 5 piece set from Russell but I don't recall the PN or where I even bought it from.

I know you can also find the 5 piece set HERE.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Well shit, I got the 3 piece set last summer, I couldn't find a 5 piece from Russell at that time. I wonder if there is some way to get just the other two pieces? Actually I was thinking of buying the tools, line and fittings to make them myself anyways though. That link is the 5 piece set I was talking about that I found after I got mine.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
I bought my 5 piece set from Russell but I don't recall the PN or where I even bought it from.

I know you can also find the 5 piece set HERE.

friggen sweet!
and its a complete bolt up kit..no need to fab anything?

I'D WIN

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Well shit, I got the 3 piece set last summer, I couldn't find a 5 piece from Russell at that time. I wonder if there is some way to get just the other two pieces? Actually I was thinking of buying the tools, line and fittings to make them myself anyways though. That link is the 5 piece set I was talking about that I found after I got mine.

Not sure. Contact Summit or buy the rear setup from the linky above.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Bumping this one myself. I havent been able to get around to it. Been helping out my brother with some stuff around his house. Will DEFINITELY be doing this 2morrow morning. If it works I will be posting up a how-to.

Users who are viewing this thread