Hillendale Safeway Meeting spot

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
OK folks here are the meeting spots and departure times. If you plan on meeing here and leaving at one of these times, post up. If you don't, but are on this list, post up. Lastly, if you are planning to meet us here and AREN'T on this list, well, post up!

We also need "leaders" for each of these groups. The group leader will be responsible for making sure that everyone who is supposed to be there gets there, and we'll have those group leaders swap phone numbers so that there arent' any miscue's on the way up. If you wanna be a leader, post up, and I'll put that by your name...which will henceforth make you responsible for gathering your group :beer:

Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have the group leader be responsible for their group in route...ie, make sure that we don't leave anyone behind. This isn't to say nessisarly that they need to keep an eye on the cars that came with them from their particular meeting spot (I have a feeling that will become close to impossible), but perhaps in so much as they hand out their number to everyone in their group so if someone does get left behind, they can call, and the rest of us can wait for them. Something to that effect. I'm sure that I'm not the only person here that hasn't been to JR's house before, and as such, it'd be handy to have a contingency plan in case we get seperated.

Hillandale Safeway @ 9:15 am
03silvr10thvert - confirmed
IronTerp - confirmed
Zaxjax - confirmed
Sunburned
Fishtail - confirmed
Cobrachs
dkscobra2003 - confirmed
N2DAMYSTIC
01Lowboy
mpchad
Antex
TrboVnm
Donkey Tuna
Hook982 - confirmed
gcassidy - confirmed
SVTCruiser - confirmed
SVTcobra04 - confirmed

I-270 Exit 11 in Gaithersburg @ 9:40 am
F8LBITEva - & NoVa crew
RedfireVenom - confirmed
Tidoh - confirmed

Route 15, just past Frederick, TBD @ 10:10 am
98mdsnake
Rick James - confirmed
04yellowcobra - confirmed
Lurker
kens03cobra - confirmed - Lead
Rayzcar
Red Devil
Wade
FHATTCATT
Bunky
CobraMan 69 -confirmed
BLKSVT03Cobra - confirmed

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I thought the plan was to leave Hillendale by 9:30-9:45

I'd like to meet you NoVA guys right past the 50 - 495 on/off ramp and then go onto Hillendale.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well that's what I'm trying to verify...I wanna know what time I need to be up there. lol.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Come on, didn't you know from post #242 on page 10 from the GTG thread what time we were meeting up?:poke:

We will most likely start gathering about 8:30 or so. Post up your preferences or if we need to leave slightly earlier for all to fall in line in a timely fashion.

IronTerp said:
Patience young Jedi's..........As in past events, will post up a "cruising up" thread with names and meeting points next Sunday, one week before the GTG. Want to wait till everyone that is interested has posted up.

Since Mr. Lewis has previously stated that he would like us at his ranch by 10:45 am, I would say we will be leaving Safeway at about 9:30. And there's going to be some great photo ops with upwards of 60 Cobras at this event so not sure it's really necessary to spend the time in Frederick with 20 or so.......

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Scott, I'm not sure I want to know how or why you remember where that was. I knew I saw it somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. Besides, Dwight said he'd put up a meeting spot thread about a week out...I just beat him to it.

Btw, I know this has also been said, but I love your new sig pic.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Zaxjax, I doubt the NoVa guys would be coming around that section (outer loop) of the Beltway...

They will surely come they other way (inner loop), which is much shorter, and then either continue around to Hillendale, wait for the Hillendale crew on the shoulder of I-270 between the spur and Montrose Road, or wait for the Hillendale crew at the scenic overlook parking lot at the N. end of 270.

I don't think your Baltimore/AA crew can expect to see the NoVa crew until after Hillendale.

Bryan??? Weigh in here?

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Tim, I wasn't sure which way you guys were coming. I was assuming that you might be coming over the Woodrow Wilson into MD.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Scott, I'm not sure I want to know how or why you remember where that was. I knew I saw it somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. Besides, Dwight said he'd put up a meeting spot thread about a week out...I just beat him to it.

Btw, I know this has also been said, but I love your new sig pic.

Thanks. And now it looks like you own the thread for the Hillandale meet up spot. So, what time do you want us there?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, great. You are asking me what time to meet...lol. I dunno, 8:30? That way we give the stragglers (like myself) about an hour to show up? Dwight mentioned we might want to leave a little earlier, so if we can get a head count for who's meeting there, maybe we can roll out about 9:15 or so.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
zaxjax said:
Tim, I wasn't sure which way you guys were coming. I was assuming that you might be coming over the Woodrow Wilson into MD.

Well, I'm only an "honorary" NoVa guy anyway, being way up in Germantown, MD - a title I earned when I was the only MD guy that showed up at Hillendale the day of the Multi-forum meet!

I just checked out their "meet-up" thread, and they're definitely coming the other way...

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
How long will it take you Hillendale peeps to get to fredneck md?

Not how fast COULD you make :lol: :lol: but rather with the entire group what time you feel you will be rolling by the 270/15 area?

Phone number exchange would be nice as well.

Ken

:beer: :beer:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Tidoh said:
Well, I'm only an "honorary" NoVa guy anyway, being way up in Germantown, MD - a title I earned when I was the only MD guy that showed up at Hillendale the day of the Multi-forum meet!

Not true. I'm a MD guy too. I just came from 15 min down the road in College Park though.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ken it's been a while since I left from hillendale to go past 270/15, but I'd say it would probably take about 30-40 minutes to get there (rough guess). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Us so-md types aren't very much gooder at this time thang. My dash gun sun dail don't wurk fur a daymn when I's drivin'...

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
01Lowboy said:
Not true. I'm a MD guy too. I just came from 15 min down the road in College Park though.

LOL!

Oh yeah. Forgot you were in CP, Tim. And you're even more of an "honorary" NoVa guy than I am!!

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Ken it's been a while since I left from hillendale to go past 270/15, but I'd say it would probably take about 30-40 minutes to get there (rough guess). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Us so-md types aren't very much gooder at this time thang. My dash gun sun dail don't wurk fur a daymn when I's drivin'...

40 minutes is about right, maybe a few minutes more...

I'm right in the middle in Germantown, and it takes me almost 25 minutes to get to Hillendale, and just about 20 minutes to get to the I-270/US15 Jct.

If all goes well (well, I just jinxed it with that one) I'd say we'll be there about 10:15 by my sundial!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
And if you Frederick folks want to meet at the State Farm Building, that should be no problem. But, we probably need to get Greg Casssidy to call them up and let them know we're coming though.

Users who are viewing this thread