BBK O/R X vs Mac 3piece O/R Hpipe

OmahaStang

Established Member
I just wanted to make a report on here for what it's worth. I have a magnaflow catback exhaust system which is the 1st thing I did to the car.

Last year I purchased a 3 piece Mac O/R H pipe and put that on. (with mils o2extensions etc) I had that on for about 2 weeks. It was to blappy harley sounded and resembled glass packs to me. I like to relate it to large rice krispies snap crackle pop.
Anyway I put the stock Hpipe back on for it had to go to dealer for warranty work and I didn't want any reason for denying it. (diff leaked)

I then purchased a BBK O/R X pipe which some people have complained about but for the price I couldn't beat it. I finally installed it last week and I have to say I can actually live with this exhaust set up. It is still loud at times but it isn't so damn obnoxious like the Mac O/R H-pipe. The fitment seems to fit a bit low on the car however I need to turn the flanges horizontal where the catback meets.

I like to call or refer to the sound of the X pipe over the H pipe is smaller ricer crispies as weird as it sounds. I am not getting the large blapp blap sound as I did with the O/R H pipe.

I had thought about going with and will probably go with the magnaflow catted X pipe but didn't want to fork over 400.00 bucks for it yet.

Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread