03 "Saleen" Cobra

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
39750 on chassis
1246 miles on new clutch and motor

This car was "saleened" before Saleen came out with their 03's. I will tell you that I believe to have been the first person to do this and a few followed with some of my helpful advice.

Go Mods:
MMR 900 shortblock with H Beam rods, new pistons, ARP Studded, Cometic gaskets, MMR oil pump, MMR 7qt pan, 9:1 compression
Steggy Stage 4 combo
2.93 Billetflow Upper
4lb Metco Lower
4pc Billetflow Idlers
Billetflow IRS brace
Amazon Racing CAI
VRS O/R Xpipe (stock H available)
Borla Stingers
Liberty Gears 26 Spline input shaft
Spec Stage 3+ clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Fiore Quadrant and Adjuster
Flow matched 60lb injectors
SCT 2400MAF
Twin Focus Pumps
Dynotune N20 Kit (not installed, brand new)
Even Flow Cooling mod
LFP Heat Exhanger

Show:
Authentic (no fiberglass sh!t here) Saleen body kit and spoiler
Cobra R SVO Hood
Authentic FRPP Y2k 18" Chrome Cobra R's with damn near new BFG drag radials out back and BFG KDW's up front
Eibach Lowering Springs
Custom ghost flames.

Over 55000 invested, My loss is your gain

First 30k OBO ( I want way more than what I owe, so don't be afraid to make an offer) takes it home.

Plugs are fine and motor laid down 496/504 with 3 miles on it. And laid down 754/785 with a small shot :eek2: that has since been taken off the car and sold.

2 minor accidents in car, not trying to hide anything from anyone. One was a slide into a ditch that cracked my front bumper ($1500 for parts and labor) and one where I slid the car into a median and cracked the bumper again and busted the heat exchanger pretty bad. CLEAN TITLE!!!

seatsandrimsandflames013.jpg

seatsandrimsandflames009.jpg

5f6b1ebb.jpg

569_6943.jpg

carpictures024.jpg

carpictures020.jpg

carpictures019.jpg

carpictures018.jpg

carpictures017.jpg

carpictures006.jpg

carpictures003.jpg

carpictures002.jpg

:hail:

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
that hood.... yikes...

Last edited:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Your post... Yikes

Anyone with something that is actually useful unlike this guy, please post up. Otherwise, don't be offended because your mom and your dad breast fed you....with their dicks.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Actually the pictures doesn't do the hood justice...it's actually a really bad a$$ hood! well...IMHO

BLK_VNM

Established Member
what a great attitude to have as a seller onyour 2nd post.

what happened to the motor to justify a rebuild?

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
my second post???? Better checkt he post count

Anyway, motor spun a wrist pin for the reason for the rebuild.

wma8706

Established Member
that new engine is wwway better than stock and your honesty is well honered....hood is a matter of taste but over all a bad ass ride... TTT 4 you!! Good luck!

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Tranzlucent said:
my second post???? Better checkt he post count

Anyway, motor spun a wrist pin for the reason for the rebuild.

Nice looking car, shouldnt take long to sell.:thumbsup:

I think he meant, your second post in this thread.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Why is the Inside so dirty,man it's filthy!You can write your name in the dust on the back seat,and the front's aren't much better! It would help your selling of it,if you'd clean it up.I'm not ragging you,just a suggestion. Everyone's vehicles get dirty,my Lightning need's vacumed right now.But then again,i'm not trying to sell it..

Last edited:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
No offense taken, these pics where taken back when I got it back from the shop that worked on it. Bunch of filthy bastids. I'm gonna try and get some better interior pics as I agree with you.

MustangThief

Established Member
Yeah what happened to the engine bay? The supercharger is fish-eyeing everywhere and the valve covers are all chipped up.... if you were going to that much trouble you shoulda took your time and not had it to where it looked like someone with parkisons stole a spray can from lowes and went into a maniacal sprayfest on your engine bay.

We do that shit all the time, on our 500 dollar beaters.

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. The charger and valve covers were done to kind of cheapen the car as something that normally looks like ass, can't be that fast. I used to heavily street race this car, but don't have time for the car anymore. First $24000 takes this car home.

supermech21

Established Member
this definitly isnt a shit starting post but the fact that you have had to rebuild the engine as well as wrecked the car twice is kind of a indication that the car MIGHT have been ragged on....also, 30k dropped down to 24k in only 11 days????

Is thier anything else going on with it that wasnt stated? Like i stated, im not trying to start shit and i hope i dont come off as a dick....

Also, i think what you have done with the body is very unique, but just not my cup of tea...do you have the stock hood, bumpers, and what not?

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
the car doesnt look bad, i dont mind the hood on it. Its unique. Also would anything else be wrong or happen to it? That is a big price drop within that period of time.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
i would say this is why your having a rough time selling.

1.the rebuild with no major mods done to the car other then a big shot of nos that isnt with the car. so either a you blew the motor on the bottle or you over revved it 1 to many times doing burn outs mis shifts what ever.

2. 2 crashes in the car where no one else seemed to be involved means you drove the car hard.

3. if you street raced heavily that usually means you ragged on the car allot.

4. the body is wild on it. the paint is cool but the hood is awful on these cars.

between those 4 things i think is the main problem everyone has with the car. also a 6k price drop in less then 2 weeks probably has thrown up a few red flags with anyone that was interested in it. just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread