Showroom Stock LS3 runs 11.7!!!! New Record!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
From the CF:

Thats right, you boys heard it. The showroom stock C6 record has been broken. (by two people)

Englishtown, NJ, cold day, corvette challenge. Where was I? I was in the test and tune lane with no pressure added to my launches.

So here are the times, the attached slips, a link to the video, and excuses lol

Stock Tune:

1. 11.844 @ 119.64 mph - 1.871 60' - Little bogging, hot run (just got there)
2. 11.829 @ 121.23 mph - 1.914 60' - Bog, Coolant at 170* in staging lanes, also I think the mph is wrong, doubt I trapped that high.
3. 11.718 @ 119.94 mph - 1.839 60' - Good launch, more in it, Coolant at 130*

After that run I thought it probably can't get much better so I loaded my tune to hopefully compare to the stock tune on the same day.

My Tune:

4. 11.892 @ 120.19 mph - 1.971 60' - Clutch stuck to ground, pulled up with foot and got back on it. Notice the higher trap even after lifting. Coolant was at 130*
5. 11.836 @ 120.10 mph - 1930 60' - Clutch half way to ground, left off, got back on it. Maybe I need a stronger clutch. Once again, notice the trap is higher even after lifting. Coolant was at 120*

I think the car had an 11.5 in her today with my tune. I estimate this because comparing the delivered torque sensor it says peak hp is 585 on the stock tune, and 612 on my custom tune. The difference is 4.4%. So take 4.4% times 390 rwhp (guessing) and that equals 17rwhp. I imagine that is enough, combined with the even greater mid range gain to slam this car into an 11.5 on that day, in those air conditions, at that track.

For those interested, the stock tune was loaded the night before, driven that night, then on the two hours to the track.

http://www.youtube.com/v/iSsR-B1p_Os

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSsR-B1p_Os"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSsR-B1p_Os[/ame]

slowtealz28

Established Member
Please tell me you are not trying to say this is your car, because it's my buddy Andrew's. I can verify these times as being truly showroom stock, but people are going ballistic because he had a custom tune, then reflashed it back to stock. He is going to be going to Cartek to have them reflash the stock tune in, and then head to the track on Saturday. Shame I won't be able to go, I'll be in NC.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Please tell me you are not trying to say this is your car, because it's my buddy Andrew's. I can verify these times as being truly showroom stock, but people are going ballistic because he had a custom tune, then reflashed it back to stock. He is going to be going to Cartek to have them reflash the stock tune in, and then head to the track on Saturday. Shame I won't be able to go, I'll be in NC.

Chill out man, if you read the whole thing, you would see at the very top it says from the CF.

Common

Established Member
Most vette records in last two years were broken in Jersey.

NJ- the uber good driver state?

Common

Established Member

Did he have a cobra and go under the name "Revvinghigh" here?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
what part of nc you comin to?

slowtealz28

Established Member
Charlotte. We have a swim meet at (I forget the name of the sports complex). The meet is called the Sunkist Invitational.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i was at the track when this kid did it.....100% stock all the way down to the run flats. The track was hooking great.

Common it's not Revvinghigh Mike. he's too scared to run his lol.

Common

Established Member
maybe, but i think it has more to do with the elevation and air of the area. and the tracks are shorter, haha.
I understand the elevation part, very true. Lost me on the shorter tracks part though.
i was at the track when this kid did it.....100% stock all the way down to the run flats. The track was hooking great.

Common it's not Revvinghigh Mike. he's too scared to run his lol.

:lol:

SatinGreenGT

Established Member
Englishtown is like one of the best race tracks in north america, don't they usually have -DA.

Yea, that's what I was going to say. It'll be hard to bust out those times anywhere else. I'm sure he's a great driver too, so that along with an awesome track, you're going to get some great times.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Don't forget, not just vettes run at these great tracks. LS1's, mustangs, Supras, vipers, etc all run here too and have an equal shot at running great times.

Users who are viewing this thread