Raw fuel Smell coming from pass. side/Rear of car

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
When I first bought my cobra,I was filling it up at the pump one day. apparently the gas pump I was at,didnt have a "pump stopper" that indicates that the tank is full,to stop the nozzle from dumping anymore fuel. I wasnt paying attention (my fault),and I look over,and there is fuel dumping out the bottom of my car,coming from the tank. I stop pumping,and eventually all the excess fuel stopped leaking. But EVER since then,When I drive my car,and go to park it,I get out,and on the pass. side of the car/rear (sometimes even the trunk),I can smell raw fuel. I checked for leaks,there are no leaks. I have no clue what is causing this smell. Im thinking it has something to do with an o-ring,or seal that has been busted from overflowing the fuel tank. Where should I start to look?? Thanks!

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
You just have to replace the canister. Not a big deal really. I get customer cars that do this every other week.

Im guessing I have to get the canister from Ford?? Or do you know any other sites that would carry it? maybe an auto parts store?

Thanks,Yall have been a big help.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
My fuel filler neck went. Ford raised the price on the part, but it's still like $25. Gas would evaporate out of the tank, I couldn't fill up past 3/4 tank or the fuel would slosh out on hard corners. It would straight pour out if I filled up completely

Users who are viewing this thread