OOR tow hooks on R #155

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
A couple people asked me to post up some pics of where the race tow hooks mount on 00R 155. So.. here they are. Sorry... dirty underside still, and kinda hard to get to some spots! LOL

The rear tow hook...
nppaw9.jpg

Rear tow hook mount...
29yhwl.jpg

Front tow hook...
qx0551.jpg

Front tow hook mount...

Mounting for front hook... tough to get good pics.. it runs under the bumper, above the splitter, and is welded to the bumper support bracket... (from right side of pic to center)

do8hz4.jpg

I squeezed my left hand, with the camera, in between the grill opening... and my right hand under the bumper cover.. along the tow hook. My thumb and finger are on both edges of the hook brace where it's welded to the bumper support frame.

mhu902.jpg

Hope this helps!

venom279

Established Member
Awesome!!

It is one of the coolest R's I've seen. It ia very nicely done. I had the privilege of sitting in in quite a few years back in Oklahoma at an event.. I absolutely love the detachable steering wheel....among the other things of course.

Congrats!!
:beer:

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
sorry to bring an old thread back up, but where did you buy the tow hooks from I am wanting to put them on my car this winter.

Andy M

Established Member
Those were custom fabricated at a race shop in Houston... any capable roll cage guy should be able to make these for you....

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Anyone have a plastic or sheet metal template? Its difficult to have custom parts fabricated over here (Europe) for American cars. I am also interested in purchasing a finished product if available.

Sirl

Established Member
Old thread, but for future reference, here's mine.
Made one for the rear too but have not installed it yet.

Universaltowhook_cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread