OK now I'm pissed.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Haven't driven the Cobra in a while, decided to use it to bring my girls somewhere, come back and bleed the brakes and change the oil to get ready for a track day this Sunday.

Drop the girls off, start heading home. Get on it a little and let off, WTF something doesn't feel right, do it again, car kind of twist to the left on accel and back to right on decel.

Get home put it up on stands, take the wheels off, I know exactly where to go first and and yep I'm right.
I bought a set of Mac upper and lower control arms in june of 03, They have maybe 8000 miles , about 170 track passes and about 6 lapping days on them.
The bushing is about gone on the lower drivers side front, DAMM.
Call where they came from they are checking on if they have the replacement bushings or not and I'm waiting for them to call back.
Even if they have them I won't get them in time for sunday.
Gonna rip it off and head to NAPA to see if they have a bushing that will fit.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
mac=cheap shitty parts.

use megabite, maximum motorsports or global west for your CA's

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
At the time money was an issue.

I am seriously considering the full Steeda 5-link rear.

I'm through playing around with this.

Quadcammer

Established Member
good man.

I have the global west lowers with the spherical bearing at the body end. holy god is there a lot of road noise.

Quadcammer

Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:
they are cheap and they sound pretty good. If you aren't looking for the highest quality product at the highest price, i don't see why not.

I have a mac h pipe and its been great. id never get their air intakes, suspension stuff or other parts.

btw, since when is steed "the place" to go for this stuff?

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
quadcammer said:
they are cheap and they sound pretty good. If you aren't looking for the highest quality product at the highest price, i don't see why not.

I have a mac h pipe and its been great. id never get their air intakes, suspension stuff or other parts.

I'm just looking for the best sounding catback. The horsepower differences are so damn minimal it's my belief to get whatever sounds the best to you. Mac is it for me.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not messing with it any more today, Still hurting from the kidney stone saga a week ago.
Gonna run it like it is, Won't be pushing hard anyway.
Sunday is for rookies so I will most likely be riding with others and instructing anyway.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
quadcammer said:

Since I've got thier stuff on both my cars and love it! Had Grantelli (they are just as bad as MAC arms!) C/A's on my LX until one broke. Put the Steeda aluminum ones on there and they are ALOT better! Have not had any complaints on any of their parts!

As far as the exhaust, I have a MAC cat-back on my LX and love it. Sounds great, kit fit real nice. HOWEVER, they have changed their designs since then and I would not go with it now! They try to make one cat-back for every car and it just doesn't work. We have alot of fitment issues from the MAC stuff here. H-pipes and Pro-chambers seem to be pretty good, but I personally would stay away from a cat-back or headers if I were going to do the install in my driveway. If you are going to let a shop do it, that should be fine. :thumbsup:

Quadcammer

Established Member
so steeda is better than mac and granatelli?
compare it to the real suspension manufacturers like griggs, GW, maxmoto etc and then steeda stuff is a little chinzy.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
quadcammer said:
so steeda is better than mac and granatelli?
compare it to the real suspension manufacturers like griggs, GW, maxmoto etc and then steeda stuff is a little chinzy.
I thought that too and still do to an extent.
Their high dollar stuff appears to be pretty good, but their lower line stuff is like Mac and others, keep cost down and sell to the masses.

It's gonna be Steeda 5 link or a complete Griggs set up for me.

Quadcammer

Established Member
sounds good, the 5 link is nicer than the rest of their stuff.

Last edited:

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
It's gonna be Steeda 5 link or a complete Griggs set up for me.

Maxium Motorsports there stuff is built to last the life of the car! Can't go wrong with them! :beer:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
quadcammer said:
sounds good, the 5 link is nicer than the rest of their stuff.

Are you sure? There are alot of other brands being suggested here you can shit talk about if you want! :rollseyes

That's alright, everyone has thier own opinions. :shrug:

Quadcammer

Established Member
you have a hard on for steeda, and thats fine.

id prefer to use brands of slightly higher quality.

its a personal preference as you mentioned.

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
what about the UPR control arms I heard they were desent, I will be buying some soon an want some good ones..

Users who are viewing this thread