Left blinker acting crazy

jzepp

Established Member
Last night i turned on my left turn signal and it didnt work.......i tried the right one and it was fine. I said ok tomorrow i will change the bulb. I changed the bulb and it still didnt work.

I was then messing around and pushed the left turn signal level down real slow and it starting blinking. I then tried it again at normal speed like you should be able to do and it started blinking twice as fast as the right one.

So when i push the left turn signal level down slowly it works fine...when i push it down fast it blinks twice as fast as the right one or doesnt blink at all. It also makes this low pitched clicking noise sometimes.......WTF is going on?

I swear do these frigid temperatures do something to these cobras? In the last week i am hearing noises under my hood, my blinkers are going crazy.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
no, not weather related

if they start blinking real fast i think it means the bulb is bad (or partially bad)

replace the bulb that should fix it, that was my exp with my 96gt

bvysochin

Established Member
I can't believe noone has pointed it out.. It sounds like your left blinker is low on fluid. Check the fluid reservoir next to the windshield washer fluid, sort of behind it. It's split into two sections, front and rear. It's possible maybe your front reservoir column is getting dry.. Add some and report back!

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
bvysochin said:
I can't believe noone has pointed it out.. It sounds like your left blinker is low on fluid. Check the fluid reservoir next to the windshield washer fluid, sort of behind it. It's split into two sections, front and rear. It's possible maybe your front reservoir column is getting dry.. Add some and report back!

Wow I haven't heard that one before:bored:

My car does the samething btw. If I remember correctly, you need to replace the switch.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I would imagine your switch is going out. It's not the first time I've heard of it happening.

That, and a turn signal will also freak out and blink faster than normal if you have the wrong bulb in it.

jzepp

Established Member
Tabres said:
I would imagine your switch is going out. It's not the first time I've heard of it happening.

That, and a turn signal will also freak out and blink faster than normal if you have the wrong bulb in it.

Where is the switch located? I have the correct bulb in it and when i put another bulb in it, it did the same thing.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
jzepp said:
well today it works fine.......so i dont know what is up with it.

Probably intermittent, my 98 did that a few months ago then it mysteriously went away. Now the other day the opposite side of the car was flashing fast, but the bulb was actually out. I went ahead and swapped out all the front rear turn / tail bulbs, reverse lights, trunk light, and third brake light. I figured since I had the lenses out for one bulb, may as well do them all since it is probably a matter of time. :beer:

The old amber bulbs in the front were faded big time compared to the new ones. Surprising what 9 years of UV rays and bulb heat can do to the color.

jzepp

Established Member
Do they even sell the amber front turn signal bulbs anymore? All i could find is the clear ones except for the sylvania silverstar turn signal bulbs which are a blueish, amber color.

onebadmystic

Established Member
i have the same f*ckn problem I HATE IT. i've changed the bulbs, the harnesses, swapped the flasher unit (fuse like thing) and nothing has helped. I'm gonna have to lay down the 62$ or w/e it is for that switch if i can't find one used. i just didn't feel like spending the money/time on it if it wasn't gonna fix it.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Mine does the same thing sometimes when signaling right. It's the switch(turn signal lever) going out. I am just too lazy to replace mine since I rarely drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread