Spark plugs & crapy Bosch o2 sensors...pics

Just took these out today. I have about 4K miles on them. My Xcalibrater shows a 0151 & a 0172 code, no mil light on though. Plugs are in order 1-8 L to R . Ordered a new O2 sensor for the left side today. I had a fairly new Bosch round tip sensor in it, not like the factory style. Word of advice, don't buy the Bosch sensors, make sure you get factory style replacements!!

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
How come the ones on the left look lean and the one on the right look rich? Did run run race gas at all?

haz-matt

Established Member
My car was running rich and had a high and choppy idle so I bought 4 of those bosch round tip sensors. Nothing really changed, maybe I just need a tune.

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
I had the same problem with Bosch 02 sensors, they wouldn't fit into the o/r H pipe becuase there's like a lip at the bottom of the thread, and the bosch sensor is too wide to fit. Had to go to Ford to get replacements for like $100 each!!:cuss:

caliboy08

Established Member
i'd say if you can afford it, stay with OEM ford parts... i have a hard time believing that the bosch sensors can work on damn near every car.. a few changes but basically the same sensor... IMO...

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
ProChargedSnake said:
Rockauto.com...$37.95 each for factory replacements

word.

or go to www.corral.net and search for a member named pintoman77. He has all 4 (2 front and 2 rear) brand new OEM sensors for 70 shipped. I bought a full set last year and they are still working fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread