drag wheel and tire set ups

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
guys i want to run 15x3.5 pro stars and 15x8 5.5 back spacing or 15x10 6.5 b.s. but im going to run my stock brakes so i know a 1 inch spacer is needed for the front but what about the rear? what size can i go with and not have to do any modifing? i will be using a 275/50/15 bfg or m/t drag radial to keep a 26 inch tall tire, thanks guys:beer:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
you have to trim the rear brake caliper to use 15" wheels..or you can go to a 16" wheel or go with GT brakes. only 2 ways to not have to modify your cobra brakes.

69Camaro

Established Member
I've done some searching on this before but always came up empty, does anyone know of a big n little setup that will bolt on to a Cobra?

Robert

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
See sig.

Convo pros 15x4 and 15x8.5 (5.5" BS) the rear fit with no modifications at all. The fronts required spacers, grinding on the caliper and 3" studs to be safe.

-Mark

NXGHOST

Established Member
On the rear you have to trim the banjo bolt like mad but if you use a 1/4 spacer also you do not need to grind the caliper.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
guys has any one tried the summit or jegs brand style drag lite or prostar knock offs? they have the same back spacing and sizes as weld except the skinnies are 4in not 3.5. any way they cost a lot less than weld and are one piece aluminum not 2 piece like weld. also they use conical lug nuts not chank style i am looking to buy the prostar style for my cobra. Any ones thoughts?

69Camaro

Established Member
Friend of mine put some on his GN and liked them. Have a slightly different look than the welds but still look good.

Users who are viewing this thread