Right turn signal not working

jzepp

Established Member
I had this problem before and bought a used turn signal lever. I just wanted to know if this sounds like it could be the same problem again. When i turn on my right turn signal the green arrow does not light up or blink. then sometimes it does not light up and you can hear it blinking really fast, but on the outside the turn signal is not coming on.

I then try it again a few times or move it up slowly and play around with it and the right turn signal works. It is intermitant whether or not it works or it doesn't. Does this sound like the turn signal lever is going up again? Does anybody know where to get one for cheap? Anybody selling on this forum?

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
new ones from rockauto.com are $50 if i remember right.. or get a can of electronic cleaner spray stuff and just hose it into the switch and work the switch up and down for a bit

SNAKEYE

Established Member
First try a spray-type electrical contact cleaner injected into the multi-function switch while operating ALL of the features of the switch.
If that doesn't hel,p or the problem returns, check the mechanical connections of the wire harness at the switch for looseness. Carefully (so as not to melt the plastic) solder any loose connections. CLeaning, and treating the connection with flux prior to soldering, will help to minimize the heat required.

Mark185

Established Member
I had that problem, bought a used switch that ended up having same prob as original. I took apart the original switch, cleaned the contacts, it works fine now.

I don't see how spraying contact cleaner from the outside of the switch is going to help because there is SO many copper contacts in there. It needs to be taken apart. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread