On3performance tubro kit?

Mikes96SVT

Banned
I'm sure most of you guys have read about it..
If you guys don't know of it...
O3P 4.6 Mustang Cobra 96-01 Single Turbo Kit DOHC : eBay Motors (item 140395731115 end time Apr-06-10 17:43:52 PDT)

I planned on getting the QA1 suspension kit anyways. But other than having to modify the intercooler pipe to the intake, along with the coil pack relocation and a different radiator Cross-over to thermostat tube. Seems like a really good kit to me.

They even offer upgrades on the type of turbo and BOV's.
On3 Tubro kit - $1,900
QA1 Tubular suspension kit - $584.99
40lb injectors - $270
MAF - $200
tune - ???

So were talking 3 grand vs. 6-7 grand for a hellion kit.

What do you guys think? I really wanna go turbo!

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
ill be running this kit, as soon as my engine is finished... i still need rods/rings, gaskets, bearings, and hardware... i should have it finished in a few months.. and ill let you know how well i like it.. then..

Bullitt357

Established Member
you have to keep in mind that Hellion's kit comes with quality components standard. Turbonetics turbo, TurboSmart wastegate, OEM quality stainless steel (their piping looks like it came from factory, not cheezy chinese stainless) welded by certified US welders.
Hellion also comes with injectors, MAF meter, fuel pump, k-member, etc.

Hellion is not much more when you have to add all that stuff to the On3 kit. Not to mention it's made in the USA.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
you have to keep in mind that Hellion's kit comes with quality components standard. Turbonetics turbo, TurboSmart wastegate, OEM quality stainless steel (their piping looks like it came from factory, not cheezy chinese stainless) welded by certified US welders.
Hellion also comes with injectors, MAF meter, fuel pump, k-member, etc.

Hellion is not much more when you have to add all that stuff to the On3 kit. Not to mention it's made in the USA.

have you ever seen the on3 kit? actually seen it in person?? the piping is very good stuff.. the welds look great, very good quality.. its not some thin piece of pipe like the junk ass kits off ebay, that are universal.. its very tough stuff.. every seems to bitch about it made in china or usa... i mean come on.. if thats the only reason your not buying it then you are a total idiot... i would deff. upgrade the turbo, but everything else is perfect for the price.. i have the kit, and i think its a damn good kit.. you might wanna take the time and find someone with one, you can actually see, before you judge everyone for getting the kit..

Mikes96SVT

Banned
I think its all about affordability. I mean sure if you buy a 7 grand turbo kit you expect the best, but when you buy a cheaper 2 grand kit, it automatically makes it shitter? They offer upgrades on BOV's and turbos themselves. In my mind, if it works and you see good results. (which has been proven) Then I would for sure take the cheaper one.

Its like going to regal vs. AMC. Amc's seats may be more comfy but you can see the same damn movie at regal for almost half the cost.

Bullitt357

Established Member
This thread better not go to shit like the others.

Someone will get a vacation.

Are people supposed to have ESP and automatically know your're a mod on here? Shouldn't you put that in your avatar or something?

Oh, and I see mods can use obscenities now? What a joke.

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
I've got a lot of interest in this kit. I'm in the phase of acquiring forged parts at the moment and once the engine is finished this kit is the #1 contender. By the time I'm ready I'm hoping this kit will have a better established reputation and the ability to reliably give some nice numbers.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Are people supposed to have ESP and automatically know your're a mod on here? Shouldn't you put that in your avatar or something?

Notice how his name is BOLD... I vote vacation for this fella... :bash: :shrug:

I like the kit... I want to see more mileage on the vehicles using the kit to see how they hold up over time...

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Anybody can use whatever obscenities that the filter doesn't filter out. The only rule that plays really is no vulgar/crude threads/post.

No one really has an issue with someone saying shit when useing it the way I did.

And yes as someone said, all mods/admins names are in bold.

With that said also see rule #10.
Better yet, read them all.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/461200-svtperformance-rules.html

Mikes96SVT

Banned
So do you guys think it would be safe to run 6-7 psi on a conservative tune on a stock block? Of course I would be saving for a build though just in case. But I would hope that my stock block would last long enough to save enough money..

what do you think?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
So do you guys think it would be safe to run 6-7 psi on a conservative tune on a stock block? Of course I would be saving for a build though just in case. But I would hope that my stock block would last long enough to save enough money..

what do you think?

Yeah, you would be able to do that with no problem at all, assuming your motor is healty ( a leakdown and compression test would confirm that).

6-7 psi would put you over 400 at the wheels easy...

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Most people i see have problems with the V-bands. if you listen to the on3 videos, you can hear a definite exhaust leak,which is probably the v-bands. If i bought the kit i would have all new v-bands welded on before i even thought of installing it. And i would definitely get the turbo upgrade to atleast the MP, but i would spend the extra cash and go turbonetics.

Users who are viewing this thread