Consensus with H&R race springs and Isos

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
What is the best way to achieve the best stance on the 03-04 cobra with h&R race springs? Leave all isos in? Or remove one in the back? If removing, is it better to remove the top or bottom or does it even matter? I will be installing some springs this coming week and wanted to get feedback. I currently run 18 inch wheels Thanks

Last edited:

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
I ran H&R race with stock iso for years and wanted it lower so last month I pulled springs and pulled all iso and replaced with 3/4 inch heater hose all around top & bottom and achieved what I think the perfect stance. It's a vert though.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
I ran H&R race with stock iso for years and wanted it lower so last month I pulled springs and pulled all iso and replaced with 3/4 inch heater hose all around top & bottom and achieved what I think the perfect stance. It's a vert though.

Did the car sit too high with all Isos in?

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I was in the same debate....I was going to go with race as well but it seemed to tall with all the iso's in and most take one or two iso's out to achieve the same stance I have now with the HR Sports with all the stock iso's in...

BTW....HR Sports sit lower than Race.......

Most will run Sports and use Maximum Motorsports iso's which are a bit thicker than stock iso's.....

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
I was in the same debate....I was going to go with race as well but it seemed to tall with all the iso's in and most take one or two iso's out to achieve the same stance I have now with the HR Sports with all the stock iso's in...

BTW....HR Sports sit lower than Race.......

Most will run Sports and use Maximum Motorsports iso's which are a bit thicker than stock iso's.....

Hope this helps.

Hmm something to think about. I do hear that the race are more popular and the ride is better but not sure since I have not installed them

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Hmm something to think about. I do hear that the race are more popular and the ride is better but not sure since I have not installed them

I wanted to run all iso's as for some people there is banging and for some there is not.....

The Race will ride better but it sat to tall for me with all the stock iso's in...Almost no difference from the stock height even after a few weeks of settling/driving.....That is why most remove one or both iso's with the Race springs...

I opted for Sports with all the stock iso's in...Mine actually sits really nice. Almost a tab bit to low, so I may in the future get the Maximum Motorsports iso's to raise it up a bit.

I will try to get some pictures posted but they were deleted from the camera already....

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
I wanted to run all iso's as for some people there is banging and for some there is not.....

The Race will ride better but it sat to tall for me with all the stock iso's in...Almost no difference from the stock height even after a few weeks of settling/driving.....That is why most remove one or both iso's with the Race springs...

I opted for Sports with all the stock iso's in...Mine actually sits really nice. Almost a tab bit to low, so I may in the future get the Maximum Motorsports iso's to raise it up a bit.

I will try to get some pictures posted but they were deleted from the camera already....

That was kind of my concern with the sports. Sitting lower than I would want

CobraCarrera

Established Member

CobraCarrera

Established Member
There is a post that I am looking for where he is running Sports on a yellow 03/04 Cobra with the thicker Maximum Motorsports iso's

It is perfect... I post it as soon as I find it.....

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
This is how mine sits...just like TonyLRS red Cobra in the post below

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/suspension-modifications-211/904816-h-r-springs-question-2.html

Don't forget you will need caster camber plates as well to get the best precise alignment after spring install...I got mine from Maximum Motorsports as well.

Hey bud I appreciate the advise! I did buy the MM caster plates you have me thinking now. So the race springs dont lower the car much?

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Hey bud I appreciate the advise! I did buy the MM caster plates you have me thinking now. So the race springs dont lower the car much?

It does, but it seems that most including me are not happy with the stance afterwards and then go have one or both iso's removed to achieve my stance.

Keep in mind my Cobra is not daily driven (only 30,000 miles)....Sometimes I have to come in an angle to get over things...I avoid parking lot speed bumps altogether...Honestly not bad though.....

There is no happy medium.....It is eighter to low or to tall.....unless you go coilovers where you can adjust the height exactly. But that takes a lot of trial and error.

I would do the following:

Race with one iso in all corners and chance possible noise
Sport with M/M iso's...or lastly Sports with stock iso's (like mine and Tony@LMS)

Last edited:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
It does, but it seems that most including me are not happy with the stance afterwards and then go have one or both iso's removed to achieve my stance.

Keep in mind my Cobra is not daily driven....Sometimes I have to come in an angle to get over things...I avoid parking lot speed bumps altogether...Honestly not bad though.....

There is no happy medium.....It is eighter to low or to tall.....unless you go coilovers where you can adjust the height exactly. But that takes a lot of trial and error.

I would do the following:

Race with one iso in all corners and chance possible noise
Sport with M/M iso's...or lastly Sports with stock iso's

My car is not a daily driver and I agree that it does not make sense to install lowering springs and have to remove isos. Then again, for ride purposes is probably the reason why guys stick to the race with some isos removed

CobraCarrera

Established Member
My car is not a daily driver and I agree that it does not make sense to install lowering springs and have to remove isos. Then again, for ride purposes is probably the reason why guys stick to the race with some isos removed

Exactly.....I am looking for that post which I think is the perfect stance....Search function isn't working properly though.....Lol...I'll find it.....

You don't want to spend the money and all this research to not have the height you are looking for.....

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread