07 GT 500 SC upgrade

Dennis75

Established Member
I am upgrading the SC on my 07 from the stock to a Eaton TVS 2.3 or Wipple 2.9. I have gone over and over all the pros and cons of both systems and seen a lot of good posts on the SVTP site. I am not excited about removing the strut tower brace to fit the 2.9 wipple under the hood. Adding HP and removing stiffening hardware sounds like a bad idea. What are your all thoughts? I have some time before my project begins; I’m in the sandbox at the moment.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
That strut tower brace is a lot more for looks then people realize. If you want the full story about vans car at Daytona call him

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
If your are just a street driver and would like to save some cash, just order the '13 TVS and elbow from Steve at Tousley Ford. Best bang for the buck right now. Do a search to get the info. The 2.9 Whipple is awesome. Had a friend with one on his '10, that thing was a beast. But you can't beat the bang for the buck right now with that '13 TVS. Price scheduled to increase, so they say, so order soon.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Look into VMP's TVS vs FRPP's TVS. Great results here. Add a TB, and o/r x and it out performs the FRPP TVS and give the whipple a run for its money.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
In no way is the TVS going to give whipple a run for its money. Just change the strut tower brace if it means that much to you.
img0485srt.jpg

Murrocket

Love my Whipple 2.9. Excellent "driveability" with the FRPP 65MM TB, but whan you nail it - HOLD ON!

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
cant really remember where I brought it. It's a FRPP part but it was only 179.99 when I purchased it. I want to say lethal. Give me a few to google it.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
For any ford part, Tousley is the way to go.

Also don't overlook Kenne Bell, another great choice that is priced similarly to whipple.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Tob we all don't have the welding skills. Brushing up on mine at the taxpayers expense lol. Guys around me hate to say something broke. First thing I do is grab my mask lol. Tried welding a bolt back together and re threading it lol.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I understand. The nice thing is that if you look around the locale you reside in you can usually find someone that can weld up whatever you need. It really wasn't that hard to cut off the strut tower/brace bracket, tweak the bar itself, then weld everything back together again. You could probably do 90% of the work on your own and then just have someone weld it up for you. Then all you have to do is scuff/paint/reattach.

Users who are viewing this thread