Warranty work issue

einehund

Established Member
Okay, so twice now I've noticed that after long drives, there is either coolant or IC coolant sprayed all over the passenger's side of the motor, all the way back to the firewall and up on the underside of the hood. I cleaned it up the first time I saw it to check when it happens, and it seems to happen only when I drive over 150mph for extended periods of time (I enjoy road trips on the Autobahn). Anyways, I took it to a Ford dealer here who (because it's a shelby) passed me to another dealer who passed me to another dealer for work. You can see in the picture what they did for "warranty work." I'm sorry, but taking off a factory clamp and putting on a $1 band clamp is shitty. I was told it was because the factory clamp couldn't hold the pressure. Anyone have any ideas of what to do, cause all factory clamps and one band clamp looks like shit and I could have done that crap myself. :fm::fm::fm:

24356xt.jpg

2j2i81g.jpg

1zbfck8.jpg

jsmtds.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
That's some pretty cruddy looking coolant. I'd flush the cooling system and replace the hose and clamps with OEM parts. I'd them have them pressure check the cap and if it checks out, I'd pressurize the system and make sure you don't have any leaks. I agree that worm clamp looks really out of place under your hood.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
After they returned my car to me being satisfied with that solution I would find another mechanic. No respect for the car at all.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Once those factory clamps come off, I never reuse them. I use a solid band clamp with the bolt and nut. Looking at the photo, it appears that your original leak was for sure from the hose they replaced the clamp on. Go get a clamp that suits your aesthetic preference and swap it out.

einehund

Established Member
Agree on the dealer, but being in Germany there aren't many shops that'll do ANY work on american cars. My old GT had a burnt bearing in the tranny and it took a week to find a shop to do the work. Thanks for the replies. I'll leave it until I get back to the states and I'll just replace all the clamps at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread