Reflash - Computer Code?

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
My 10th Anniversary got the "update" or "flash" that Ford called for to fix the stall issues about 1.5 months ago. The moron tech's claim it did not change my computer code (at first they had no clue the computers have codes on them).

I am pretty sure its a 100% chance the code was changed....and my question is:

1. What is the new code?
2. How many codes could it be?
3. Is there a way to find out 100% - getting a chip burned (auto tap or something)

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
AMZ1 and AMZ2 are the 04 Codes. YDH1, YDH0, and QUD2 are the 03 Codes. Mine WAS YDH1

I believe AMZ1 was the code used in the reflash just looking for a 100% way to find out or a way to check with some hardware/software

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Young_Stallion
AMZ1 and AMZ2 are the 04 Codes. YDH1, YDH0, and QUD2 are the 03 Codes. Mine WAS YDH1

I believe AMZ1 was the code used in the reflash just looking for a 100% way to find out or a way to check with some hardware/software

Can anyone confirm AMZ1 is the stall flash code?

gatzer

Established Member
My code is 3U7A after the reflash. I asked about getting the 04 code AMZ1 and they said that this one was the latest available.

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
3U7A???? This code is not even in existance to the knowledge of any tuner.

If it was not SVT who told you this, it is total BS. Dealers know SHIT!

gatzer

Established Member
When the SVT tech was updating me for the flash I asked him what the new code was and he showed me the scanner they use and that was what it said. He also wrote it down on the sticker he gave me that says an authorized PCM undate has been installed.

That was on April 15th and they said that it was the latest update available for the 03 Cobra and that they had just updated their software the day before.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
AMZ2 seems to be the flash update. If a customer tells me his pcm has been flashed I will always read the pcm and do the tune from that base. If it's a mail order program I just changed a few things that gives them the new flash too.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread