Oil Questions

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
What oil do you guys run in your cobras? I use Mobil 1 in my cars and have been thinking about trying amsoil or Royal Purple. Also you guys always use OEM oil filters correct?

thanks in advance:beer:

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
Last edited:

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
I use Moble 1 and Motorcraft filters. Be prepared for a Sh*t storm of how you should use the search feature.

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
I use Moble 1 and Motorcraft filters. Be prepared for a Sh*t storm of how you should use the search feature.

Not what I meant..always happy to help because so many others help me...I just know (cause I have been told) that there are a lot of good old threads out there...:rockon:

BTW for the record..just tried Royal Purple...we'll see!!!

Last edited:

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I use Royal Purple. Used it in my GT and now in my Cobra. Couldn't telll you more than what the tuner told me... It has stuff in it that other oils don't because its a "race" application type of synthetic oil. That was good enough reason for me. Never used anything else. Hope this helps.:beer:

zeus201

Established Member
Purolator PUR1 oil filters are the best.

That or Napa Gold Filter or M1.

I know this topic has been beaten dead but I run Pennzoil Plantinum 5w-30 @ 7 quarts. Just go to manufactures website and read the product information.

I've always looked for oil's that have great HTHS. This number will go up with higher weight oil...but just try some of the popular syn. oils and see how the car feels. I've gone through different oils and motor feels a lot better w/PP.

Users who are viewing this thread